Birthday Dinner - Highly Recommended

earlthegoat2

Had a birthday today and the wife and I trekked down to FL for the day. Ended up at Palms Fish Camp in Jacksonville. One of those places that has a boat ramp and will cook your catch. I have had nothing but success at joints like this. Another example is Hudson’s Seafood in Hilton Head if anyone is local to either of those places.

Palms is good to go.

This was the Swamp Platter. Supposedly it would feed four. Well, one of me was all it took this time. I had done a heavy workout yesterday and we had walked about 8 miles around some parks in and around Jacksonville so I was real hungry.

4 crab cakes, 4 oysters, 1lb crawfish, 4 grouper fillets, a handful or more of shrimp, 4 (8) frog legs, and a handful or more of gator fritters Washed down with two Landsharks to salute Jimmy and the local J’ville Margarita Brewing Co.

Resized_Resized_20231001_170417.jpeg

Big7

The Oracle
That's a good looking platter of seafood. :rockon:

Those "joints" with the boat ramps are hard to beat. Getting harder to find one that will cook your catch.

One of my favorite places like that in South Carolina changed hands and shut the kitchen down all together. I haven't been fishing out of there since.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Happy Birthday!!!
That platter looks Great!!!!