Birthday knife

TurkeyH90

My son will turn 13 on December 2nd. He was able to do some blacksmithing last weekend. He has taken an interest and wanted to do it for his birthday but it's not possible with that individual. I asked if he might like to make a knife for his birthday? That sounded good to him as he enjoys leathercraft, drawing, etc. I was wondering of we had a knife maker on this forum that I could pay to allow us to come share in a knife project and make a special birthday knife. We live in Cochran and will travel. Does not have to be that specific day.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
This from one of our resident knifemakers in response to another, similar query

go to the GeorgiaCustomKnifemakers'Guild website. Should be able to do a search on members there (unless they changed it).
There are knifemakers all over this state, it will surprise you just how many there are.
I know I'm in Acworth north of Atlanta, but if I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Anvil Head

I do teach classes and really enjoy getting young people introduced to the craft. Just got back from doing the Bushcrafters' Gathering in Watkinsville, and the weekend before that the Cowboy Festival at the Booth Museum in Cartersville. Worked with a lot of youngsters at both events as well as a several adults.
Cochran is quite a drive to Acworth above Atlanta. There are several bladesmiths down that way (actually all around the state for that matter). The GA Guild would be a good starting point for finding one much closer for instruction.
Check us out, if still having trouble locating one pm me and I'll do a little deeper search for your area.

Anvil Head

PM sent

Latest posts