Blind Chair Recommendation

tell sackett

A folding camp chair just really isn’t the right height and they can be noisy to boot. I need an upgrade. I’m looking for a swivel chair with adjustable height(minimum 18-19”), let’s say less than 20lbs, and a price of $125 or so. What ya got?

tell sackett

I’ve got an old office chair in my wooden box blind(just right) but I really want something a little smaller and more portable for ground blinds.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Blackout has some good swivel chairs with a small amount of height adjustment. If you ever drive that way there’s a place near Mansfield that sells them for around $50 -$75.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
A folding camp chair just really isn’t the right height and they can be noisy to boot. I need an upgrade. I’m looking for a swivel chair with adjustable height(minimum 18-19”), let’s say less than 20lbs, and a price of $125 or so. What ya got?
One of our members is a chair maker. :bounce:
We just use regular chairs.

tell sackett

Blackout has some good swivel chairs with a small amount of height adjustment. If you ever drive that way there’s a place near Mansfield that sells them for around $50 -$75.
As a matter of fact I’ll be in Newborn Saturday. What’s the name of the store?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
As a matter of fact I’ll be in Newborn Saturday. What’s the name of the store?

Pony Express Bargain Barn. At the corner of 142 and 11. Just west of Newborn.
They sell surplus stuff. Sometimes you can get a bargain.
They have a Facebook page.

GeorgiaBob

An old pedestal boat seat (with an improved rest for the lower back) has served my older brother well for a number of years. He did replace the small round bolt on base with a five leg base off an office chair. Altogether weighs about 15 pounds and, in two pieces, even his ancient decrepit body can tote it quietly.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Office depot.

I got a couple of them in each blind.

They have nicer chairs that go on sale for $99.99 a couple times a year.

georgia_home

Being a big boy, I get the heavy duty chairs. Folding. They work, and they’re fairly light. Grabbed the kids chair last time by mistake. A heavy duty chair at rural sporting good store was about $40. Maybe cheaper at Walmarts or adventure or similar

as a ground blind, I use several lengths of camo material. and a few cloths pins and thumb tacks (reflective, to allow trail marking too) the cloth folds/fits in the seat and tucks in the bag.

as an Alternative, back in the 90’s, I had a little folding stool that had a strap to attach to a tree. That worked well. Not as comfortable as a folding chair, but quiet and fairly light. compact enough to fit in a backpack with other stuff. dunno where id try to find that again.

Latest posts