Boss buck feeder varmint problem

AccUbonD

First year I've started feeding year round and with a bought feeder not homemade. The Racoons and squirrels are starting to become a real issue. The bigger coons use to just reach up and pull feed out of the tubes but I get no images of that now cause the squirrels are climbing the poles and raking out the feed so coons feeding on ground. Anybody got this setup and got any recommendations stopping the coons and squirrels. I feed 50/50 mix of corn and Midway 20.

Thanks
Accubond

roscoe54

The feeder I have with metal legs I put three inch pvc pipe on each leg cutting them twelve inch pieces this way they spin when coons try and climb them

ddavis1120

It’s a constant battle and thinning the critters is the only thing that works albeit temporarily. The shark teeth strips work to keep them from climbing the poles especially if you double them on each pole.

I tried carpet strips with water seal brushed on but they don’t last long enough to make it worth the effort in my opinion.

bilgerat

Senior
I raised mine up on 3" thick cement pavers and it put the tubes just out of reach of the coons, I read on another forum that you can put a slinky toy on each leg, screw one end at the top and stretch it out and attach the other end at the bottom , Supposed to keep any thing from climbing the legs.

BuckNasty83

Take some flashing and put it on the bottom of the feeding tubes. This blocks the coons from being able to reach up and grab it. Trick is to make it long enough that it remains too flimsy for them grab on and climb up. The pvc truck works well on the legs

EUGENE KAZOR

Go to the Boss Buck site and by a set of foot pads and set them with 18" pieces of 3/8 rebar. This will keep the legs from sinking and keeps the funnels above hog and racoon height. Next go to Dollar General and buy a 3$ jar of vasoline (2 years supply) and throughly grease the legs of the feeder. This treatment will last 6-8 weeks and squirrel proofs the feeder. Be sure feeder is at least 10' from nearest tree. For bears use a large caliber.