Box Blade vs Land Leveler?

ssramage

It's looking like I'm going to need to add one of these implements in the near future, but undecided on which one.

Immediate need is smooting potholes and low spots that hold water in a long driveway. Long term need, I've got some clean up to do at my hunting club where forestry equipment made a mess of a food plot area. Need to clean it up and smooth it out this summer when it dries some.

Thoughts on best implement to have in these scenarios? Tractor is a Kubota L2502.

earlthegoat2

Leveler for the driveway

Box blade for the property.

Decide what the bigger need is and go from there.

My ecperience:

The box blade can be used as a driveway smoother OK but will be much more durable and useful for the property cleanup.

The leveler will be great as a drive smoother but may be borderline useless for the property. The only property maintenance I ever used a leveler for was smoothing drives that had been established already. They aren’t that good when trying to shape rough earth.

dusty200001

Leveler for the driveway

My ecperience:

The box blade can be used as a driveway smoother OK but will be much more durable and useful for the property cleanup.

The leveler will be great as a drive smoother but may be borderline useless for the property. The only property maintenance I ever used a leveler for was smoothing drives that had been established already. They aren’t that good when trying to shape rough earth.
This is very accurate

ssramage

Leveler for the driveway

My ecperience:

Got it. So rent leveler and buy box blade.

tr21

if you have a lot of driveway I would go with buying a road boss and renting a box scrape. for smoothing a drive you will love a road boss leveler.

mattb78

Went thru these options when a dozer and excavator de stumped some fields for me and since it was wet their ruts were really big.

Box blade worked great and in the big ruts we hit it with a disc, cross-disced and then bladed and they are very smooth now.

I would just go with the blade. You aren't making a baseball field and it is such a useful implement and affordable its great to have anyway.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Another thought if you have the money you might could buy a used box blade (seems like there is always some of them for sale) then buy a new land plane, seems like they only show up used once in a blue moon.

I have both but if I had to chose to own just one it'd be the BB

Latest posts