Boy's Weekend Range Day!

Tight Lines

Well, this is a mixed post...wife is at the beach on a girl's trip, daughter is at Music Midtown with friends, and me and the boy get to do what we want. I love these weekends! Last night we hit a Korean BBQ place he found, which turned out to be epic. Then we came home and watched Dances with Wolves which he'd never seen. Then today we packed up an arsenal and went to the range.

He shot his new Benelli for the first time in preparation for his first SD pheasant hunt. 4+ rounds of trap learning how to use it. Then we hit the tactical range and burned 100 rds. of 9MM, another box of 12 gauge in the tactical shotgun, who knows how many .22 LR, and a couple of mags of 5.56, He is getting better and better, and was quite the shot with his first rounds of trap with the new 12.

These are the weekends I live for with my kids...

IMG_9025.JPG71659025094__913FC59B-9367-461E-9CE7-9B108D13CD70.JPGIMG_9021.JPGIMG_9020.JPGIMG_9014.JPGIMG_9015.JPGIMG_9016.JPGIMG_9017.JPGIMG_9018.JPG

Big7

The Oracle
You going to need to pull a utility trailer if you pack any more "stuff".

But they ain't going to bury you with any of it so you might as well use it.
::ke:

Tight Lines

You going to need to pull a utility trailer if you pack any more "stuff".

But they ain't going to bury you with any of it so you might as well use it.
::ke:
Yeah we traveled heavy. Every time we go to the range he wants to shoot multiple weapons. I can’t complain I’m just glad he wants to do go!

Tight Lines

Yep.

It DEFINITELY keeps kids out of trouble.
Yeah and it also keeps them off their phones...one of the reasons I like deer hunting, fly fishing, hiking, and pheasant hunting...you can't be on your phone either because your hands are busy or there is no service...either way, you are where you are and have to be there...

Tight Lines

Awesome. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Slash, alone, can carry 'em.
Slash and Duff are as good today as when I saw them in '92. Maybe better. They came on EARLY, played no encore, just played 2.5 hours straight without a break. Again, Axle's voice is rough, but they are all in decent shape, seemingly sober, and absolutely killed it. Glad we made the call to go at the last minute...

Reactions: Dub