Brisket flat on the BGE

TJay

Did a brisket flat on the BGE Sunday and it turned out pretty good. We like brisket but a packer brisket even a small one is too much for me and my wife. I saw a small flat at Publix and thought I'd give it a whirl. It was a bit of a challenge as it had very little visible fat and it was probably only 3 or 4 pounds so there was chance it could be a bit dry. I foiled it at 163 with some leftover morning coffee and beef broth and after that it hit 190 pretty quickly and that's when I took it off. Overall it was pretty good and a good choice if you're hungry for brisket but don't want to fool with freezing a bunch of leftovers.

Attachments

• IMG_2734.JPG
    IMG_2734.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 18

pjciii

Dang that looks good. Will have to keep an eye out for one. After my cook yesterday I have way to much leftovers since now the kids are gone back home.

JDBrown

That looks pretty good, may have to try it out. We had burgers and dogs last night. Gonna hot smoke some pork chops this evening.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Looks pretty good TJay. I tried a couple of flats like that and they both wound up being dry shoe leather and scared me off until a couple of weeks ago. I bet that one ate good. :rockon:

TJay

Looks pretty good TJay. I tried a couple of flats like that and they both wound up being dry shoe leather and scared me off until a couple of weeks ago. I bet that one ate good. :rockon:
Yessir it ate just fine, as a matter of fact we're going to finish it off tonight. I'll do another one and when I do I think I'll wrap it a little sooner. I'm not sure it the "stall" applies to a cut this small, just get some good smoke on it and wrap it up!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks Good!!!