Calvin and Hobbs

Baroque Brass

I have a couple of Calvin and Hobbs compilations, I pulled one out the other day and have been reading it. That was a great comic strip, as was Bloome County and a few others. There was one I can’t remember the name of about this nerdy kid that was fascinated with science. Each panel showed him out in a storm with a vacuum cleaner. The storm raged, lightning flashed and wind blew trees over but the vacuum was unharmed. The last panel said, “Nature abhors a vacuum my butt.” It took me a minute to get it but I found it quite funny.

Ya’ll remember the really good comic strips before PC took over?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
One of the first things I read were the comics. Been a long time since I’ve read the paper. Once I went on disability and then retired I just got out of the habit of reading it.

oldfella1962

Larson was awesome......if you ever look at one of his books check the glossary....its blank from A-Z except the T's...then its listed ''The one about the buffalo parts" pg25, etc.....
The Far Side was great, no doubt about it. :LOL: One joke was a passenger jet flying and the roof just got torn off the plane - and the pilot said "oh great! And there goes my hat!" as his hat goes flying too. :LOL:

Another one was a bunch of guys in lab coats standing around a tipped over/ruined model of a rocket and one says "I guess it is rocket science!" :LOL:

oldfella1962

The Far Side wasn't bad either View attachment 1216867
:LOL: Funny because it's true (as they say). I read where one tribe had contests where two guys stood facing each other and each had the end of a short length of buffalo intestines in their mouth. At the starting signal, they both chewed & swallowed as fast as they could. Whoever got to the middle of the length first won the game, and the prize was all the rest of the intestines from the buffalo. :cautious:

Baroque Brass

Far Side was awesome! That guy came up with lots of funny stuff about cows.

specialk

The Far Side was great, no doubt about it. :LOL: One joke was a passenger jet flying and the roof just got torn off the plane - and the pilot said "oh great! And there goes my hat!" as his hat goes flying too. :LOL:

Another one was a bunch of guys in lab coats standing around a tipped over/ruined model of a rocket and one says "I guess it is rocket science!" :LOL:

guy's standing in a store and every item is way up on the top shelf out of reach....caption at the bottom ''in-convenient store''.....

earlthegoat2

guy's standing in a store and every item is way up on the top shelf out of reach....caption at the bottom ''in-convenient store''.....

That reminds me of the Mitch Hedberg joke where the “escalator was out of order. Sorry for the convenience”.

turkeykirk

One of my favorites.8B953F5A-EFB9-4C6F-8EC4-C0B0E0EFA1B3.png

Baroque Brass

Calvin streaks across the sky in his F-4 Phantom. The radio crackles, “enemy fighters at two o’clock!” Calvin acknowledges, “roger, what should I do until then?” :ROFLMAO:

When it said he was in an F-4 it caught my attention. That plane just looked like it wanted to kill things, even sitting on the ramp.

oldfella1962

Calvin streaks across the sky in his F-4 Phantom. The radio crackles, “enemy fighters at two o’clock!” Calvin acknowledges, “roger, what should I do until then?” :ROFLMAO:

When it said he was in an F-4 it caught my attention. That plane just looked like it wanted to kill things, even sitting on the ramp.
I think I built a plastic model of one back in the day. I've seen a few up close & personal when I was in bomb loading school in the Air Force, but never was stationed where they flew them.

Baroque Brass

I have a pretty well detailed metal model of one. I wasn’t in the service but I’ve always been fascinated with the Phantom.

oldfella1962

I have a pretty well detailed metal model of one. I wasn’t in the service but I’ve always been fascinated with the Phantom.
They still fly the original styles in Iran, South Korea, Turkey and Greece.

bass4fun

1683227772437.png

bass4fun

1683227837169.png

georgia_home