Canada

chase870

Possum Sox
What are the details? Let’s see some pics from last year.
Look up Canada Threads on this forum. I freelance the prairie every year this will be 19 years in a row would like to find some younger guys to take over the secret land owner maps and relationships with the farmers. I'm getting old and crippled up and wont be able to do the heavy lifting for much longer. Basic details are you can hunt there for a week to 10 days for about 1700 bucks a man if you have 4 guys that's total cost food fuel house shells all of the cost.

Duckbuster82

What did you kill last year? Are you field hunting water hunting? What kind of gear do you have, would said killers need to bring decoys blinds etc?

chase870

Possum Sox
We kill all puddle ducks Canadas snow and blues if the birds arnt right I shoot flicker tail gophers I hunt fields and water have all the gear you need your gun waders and a U S Passport. Excellent sense of humor and be able to fit in and go with the flow

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Always wanted to make that trip with ya Chase, just couldn't handle the ride.

Mexican Squealer

The man doesn’t need a resume...his past posts speak for themselves...i’d Jump all over this if I could. Family obligations and tending to what I have here has kept me out of Canada for too long. Hunted many places and still never topped the years I hunted in Cabri, Sask....

ams1231

Is next year an option? I've always wanted to hunt up north, but just sacrificed all of this season's hunting to a blown shoulder......

SC Hunter

I'm also interested in knowing about next year. I can get along with about anybody and joke around and would love to do it but can't do it this year due to other obligations this winter. BUT I would be interested in next year while I'm still a young man.

Duckbuster82

The man doesn’t need a resume...his past posts speak for themselves...i’d Jump all over this if I could. Family obligations and tending to what I have here has kept me out of Canada for too long. Hunted many places and still never topped the years I hunted in Cabri, Sask....

Past post, I looked. There hasn’t been a report in 7-8 year. That’s a lot of time and money to commit with out details and some kind of comfort of knowing what your getting into. Just like I would not join your club without looking at a kill report for the last few seasons. Also why is he always looking for people to go?

Mark K

Banned
Probably because a lot of folks can’t hang with him or afford it. Cuts cost tremendously when 3-5 are splitting gas money vs 1 person doing it all.

Mark K

Banned
I’ll throw this in...answered a message about a Kansas turkey hunting trip about 10 years ago. Didn’t have a clue who the kid was, but got sound advice this kid was a turkey killing machine.
We talked, met up, and went to Kansas. He got to mark Kansas off his list of states and I got to kill my second bird ever...a Rio.
This kid and I hunted numerous states after that and he was there when I killed my first Osceola and Merriam. This kid went on to make a name for himself and marked off the US Slam of turkeys and even win a calling championship.
Oh yeah, became friends with his brother as well, another turkey killing machine.
You never know what can turn up with some of these threads.

SC Hunter

@Mark K I'll say this if I didnt have commitments for this winter already and about to remodel our kitchen and new siding on the house I would be all over going. A man that consistently kills birds is offering a spot for a trip to Canada, a dream hunt for me personally. If this same opportunity presents itself next year I will be all over it. Your right about this forum, I've met several awesome people from this forum.

Duckbuster82

I’ll throw this in...answered a message about a Kansas turkey hunting trip about 10 years ago. Didn’t have a clue who the kid was, but got sound advice this kid was a turkey killing machine.
We talked, met up, and went to Kansas. He got to mark Kansas off his list of states and I got to kill my second bird ever...a Rio.
This kid and I hunted numerous states after that and he was there when I killed my first Osceola and Merriam. This kid went on to make a name for himself and marked off the US Slam of turkeys and even win a calling championship.
Oh yeah, became friends with his brother as well, another turkey killing machine.
You never know what can turn up with some of these threads.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t go with someone. I Hunt with a few guys I met off here but I knew they were good guys that hunted hard from their post and talking to them. This guy has been asking for people to go for the past 8 years, and continues to ask. There have been no reports or anything and none of the same guys keep going. Seems like there is something to it. i only commented earlier to try and get the guy to provide more info, help raise interest.

chase870

Possum Sox
I’m not saying I wouldn’t go with someone. I Hunt with a few guys I met off here but I knew they were good guys that hunted hard from their post and talking to them. This guy has been asking for people to go for the past 8 years, and continues to ask. There have been no reports or anything and none of the same guys keep going. Seems like there is something to it. i only commented earlier to try and get the guy to provide more info, help raise interest.
I get folks to go the biggest issue is finding people who can take the time off work and have the money. Had more than one go and get there and run out of cash or not be willing to do their part of the work setting up and cleaning birds etc. That pretty much puts them in the Beta Male class and we never ask them again. In the sprit of being humane we don't bash them on the internet Pretty much unless your self employed and single or have a wife that doesn't care you wont last in the rotation. I stopped posting massive kill pics awhile ago and its made crossing the border and dealing with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service easier. Far as going Ill go every year till I physically cant which isn't to far off. Most people who say they hunt waterfowl are just trying to be cool they are not and never will be able to freelance

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Gotta love folks who try to gather info on the open forum instead of directly contacring the folks involved. That right there tells me said folks aren't interested..... Just tire kicking