Carpenter bee damage

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
What is good to fill the holes carpenter bees have caused AND where woodpeckers have damaged? I've used wood filler in a CB hole but a bee came and bored them out again.

@Pig Predator posted this in another thread for another project, would this be good?? Any other ideas suggestions??

earlthegoat2

I use steel wool to fill with a matching color caulk to seal it up.

I’ve watched a carpenter bee try to rebore the hole out and it ended up on the pavement belly up.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
What is good to fill the holes carpenter bees have caused AND where woodpeckers have damaged? I've used wood filler in a CB hole but a bee came and bored them out again.

@Pig Predator posted this in another thread for another project, would this be good?? Any other ideas suggestions??

If you kill them first. That caulk stays flexible. The bees would likely dig it out if you don't spray wd40 or something both sides of the hole before the caulk.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I've filled with the wood filler and they've bored them out again, don't know if it was one that hatched from inside or one that came back to his home.

What about the wood pecker's looking for larvae? Is the WD 40 going to kill the larvae/discourage the WP's??

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

GeorgiaBob

@earlthegoat2 has the right idea. Carpenter bees will try to reopen a hole you have filled. If they encounter steel wool in the putty it will stop them (often stop them literally dead). Another option is thickened epoxy resin with a coloring agent to match your wood. Hardened epoxy is very resistant to the bee's digging.