Carrying the G19X...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Filled the 9mm hole in my Glock collection with a 19X. Had a chance at one at pre-stupidity price, and couldn't pass it up.

Stuck it in a Fobus Evolution, and began carrying it.

IMG_20210412_193828816.jpg

Now, this is by no means a "compact" pistol. It immediately took me back to my G17 and G22 that I carried while policing for a decade. Very familiar, and comfortable.

The 19X addresses one issue that I always had with it's full size brethren. That half inch lopped off the business end clears the seat and seat belt buckle in a vehicle perfectly. It also hides better under an untucked T-shirt.

With the 19 round +2 magazines the grip is pretty large. Sliding the rig around to about the 3:30-4:00 position sorta puts the grip behind me a little bit, and will now pass a casual glance under a shirt. Good enough for me, but I am not concerned with total secrecy.

This pistol does require a good belt, with 20 rounds of ammo it's a little heavy.

Is this a perfect every day carry gun? No, it's not.

But it is a high capacity duty size gun that I will carry a lot and be happy.

If this thing had been around 30 years ago, I would have picked it in a hot second for duty use.

Welcome to your new home, G19X, glad to have ya...

Nimrod71

I have a Mod. 45 and I really like it. Yes it is not a little pistol for ankle holsters but to me it carries very well. Basically the 45 and 19X are similar in size. The 45 replaced my Buckmark as my carry gun. The Buckmark has been my carry gun for about 25 years but I like the seven extra rounds and being larger caliber doesn't hurt.

menhadenman

I’ve got one of those Kenai chest holsters for my 19, great for time in the woods, fishing, backpacking. Neat setup I got convinced of needing.

FlipKing

I carry a 43x with Shield Arms mags. 15+1 in a "single stack" 9mm. I want a 48 too since the mags interchange. Only reason I bought the 43x was a local guy sold it for $360 last summer. Couldn't pass it up. Lol liked it more than I expected.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I carry a 43x with Shield Arms mags. 15+1 in a "single stack" 9mm. I want a 48 too since the mags interchange. Only reason I bought the 43x was a local guy sold it for $360 last summer. Couldn't pass it up. Lol liked it more than I expected.

Shoot a P365 and you’ll likely sell the 43X.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I have been carrying a P365 daily for two years, and it's a fine pistola. It will never leave my bag of tricks.

But if you are looking for a duty-sized weapon that is easy to carry, both the 19X and 45 are winners...

frankwright

I bought a 19X when they first came out and was amazed at how well it seemed to shoot for me. I just bought a G45 MOS and put a Red Dot on it.
I can carry it easily in cooler weather with an over shirt or vest but it gets tough in the hot weather with T shirt only.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I bought a 19X when they first came out and was amazed at how well it seemed to shoot for me. I just bought a G45 MOS and put a Red Dot on it.
I can carry it easily in cooler weather with an over shirt or vest but it gets tough in the hot weather with T shirt only.

There really is something about it that handles and points very nicely, isn't there??

Balrog

I have a G45 and it’s a great pistol, but for carry I still like the G19.

I am not sure I understand why Glock makes the G19X and G45. They are so similar.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I have a G45 and it’s a great pistol, but for carry I still like the G19.

I am not sure I understand why Glock makes the G19X and G45. They are so similar.

The 19X was Glocks attempt to get a huge military contract. Sig ended up getting it, and Glock figured they'd slap some night sights on it, remove the manual safety, and turn a cool color loose on the civilian market.

It worked like a charm.

The 45 is a fully Gen5'ed version, basic black, aimed at law enforcement, and everyone else.

It too, is working.

It's good to be Glock...

SC Hunter

I've got a 19, 23 and 43 in glocks and for warmer weather I really like my 43 with a +2 mag extension with redhead khaki shorts and a t shirt, you never know I have it. The other 2 are in different places in the house with the 19 getting carried a little bit in cooler weather. I've been looking at a 43x or 19 MOS to stick a red dot on but haven't done it yet.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Update:

Been daily carrying the 19X for two weeks now, and it has become completely "normal".

The biggest actual difference in it and the Sig P365 I've carried the last two years is the extra magazine. The 19 rounder takes up a lot more pocket space.

Overall, very happy with it.

Still say that the 19X/G45 configuration would make a very nearly perfect choice for uniformed patrol use.

FlipKing

I've got a 19, 23 and 43 in glocks and for warmer weather I really like my 43 with a +2 mag extension with redhead khaki shorts and a t shirt, you never know I have it. The other 2 are in different places in the house with the 19 getting carried a little bit in cooler weather. I've been looking at a 43x or 19 MOS to stick a red dot on but haven't done it yet.

Shield arms is about to drop a 10rd flush magazine for the G43.