Cellular Cam for Hogs?

BassHunter25

Looks like the cell cam revolution has come a long way. Getting cheaper and hopefully less complicated.
I want a cellular cam mainly for baiting hogs and having a cam tell me when I can go shoot them. We don’t have the best cell service at our property but some spot are ok. I mainly want to get a quick notification when I’m there in the weekends so I can keep these hogs under control.
I do have a few moultrie cams already but would need the modem.
But also read good reviews on the spartan cams.
The spy point is $99 at bass pro
And the cuddeback is $150 for three cams.
Any help would be appreciated

sghoghunter

i have experience with CovertWireless and Spypoint. I have 3 Coverts and one Spypoint,not the cheap one. The Coverts are very good cameras and work very well on my feeders to keep up with hogs also. The new LTE model Coverts get good signal almost anywhere on our club. In cellular cameras you get what you pay for so my advice don't fall for the cheapest one

Attachments

• IMG_7029.PNG
    IMG_7029.PNG
    537.7 KB · Views: 32

shdw633

Make sure you check with your regulations, and I don't know if hogs are covered under this or not; however, it is illegal in Georgia to utilize ANY electronic device in the pursuit of an animal. I know that they are utilized in this way and again, I don't know if this applies to hogs or not but did want to throw it out there in case it is.

That being said Moultrie has a new all in one that you can get for $130 after rebate or you can get the MV-2 field modem that attaches to many Moultrie cameras and allows them to be cellular for $100 after rebate. I have had good success with my Spypoints and Moultrie products though I have not tried Moultries new all in one. I do have the MV-2 and do enjoy using that as well as my MV-1 which they no longer have available.

Ihunt

Make sure you check with your regulations, and I don't know if hogs are covered under this or not; however, it is illegal in Georgia to utilize ANY electronic device in the pursuit of an animal. I know that they are utilized in this way and again, I don't know if this applies to hogs or not but did want to throw it out there in case it is.

That being said Moultrie has a new all in one that you can get for $130 after rebate or you can get the MV-2 field modem that attaches to many Moultrie cameras and allows them to be cellular for $100 after rebate. I have had good success with my Spypoints and Moultrie products though I have not tried Moultries new all in one. I do have the MV-2 and do enjoy using that as well as my MV-1 which they no longer have available.

Should be good. It’s game animals and not animals. Hogs are treated differently and for good reason. If they were illegal, the cellular traps would be illegal.

BassHunter25

I’m pretty sure Hogs are considered nuisance animals. Like coyotes you can use electronic devices and there is no season or restrictions.
Correct me if I’m wrong

sleepr71

Spartan get good reviews & fast transfer speeds. I want live video feed on my trap so I know exactly when to drop the gate! Gonna probably be expensive...?

sghoghunter

I can tell you that my Covert LTE model has a fast transfer. I can ride my golfcart up to the feeder and before I can get off my phone already has the pic

rosewood

First cell cam we bought was to put on our hog trap to save trips to the club. Saved a ton of gas since you really need to check the traps daily. Works great. Now, I just use them to keep track of what is moving when I am not there.

Rosewood

BassHunter25

I went with covert Blackhawk lte. I am very happy so far. Set up was easy and started working instantly. Unfortunately I missed the hog first time around. Didn’t think it through very well. 100 yard shot with shooting stick and I took a head shot was not smart. Gonna set up a shooting blind of some kind I can slip into easily and have a better rest.
Also reading another post had a good idea of using it on a trap. So I can leave the trap set and will know when I get one.

Latest posts