Setup n Bow lessons near Acworth

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’ve started pulling back my bow again. I’ve been videoing myself etc. just trying to see the positions on my face. I want to go somewhere where someone can get me close to right, including bow setup. My bow needs no press to change DL, but not sure that matters. Any recommendations would be appreciated! I saw it best not to deal with a place in Canton that starts with an M, but don’t know about backwoods and can’t find others online.

My draw length has been way too short this whole time. I’ve got it up to like 29” which puts the nock below my eye . Now I can touch the string on my nose without leaning into it, but it feels way way long when drawing back. I pulled the lefty bow back right handed and it lined up better. But it’s also 32”ATA w/dual cams vs single cam @ 30”. Maybe I need a 34” ATA? I’m lost and need help. I don’t want to keep shooting with terrible habits and I hope it’s not too late.

Hunter922

We aren't very far from you In Dallas. We've shot tournaments for many years ( myself and my son, he's 22). Been primarily bow hunters or bow only since before it was fashionable. He's a tac driver with a compound and we both have pretty sound mechanics. All that being said we could shoot here or at yours. You can shoot me a PM anytine.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
We aren't very far from you In Dallas. We've shot tournaments for many years ( myself and my son, he's 22). Been primarily bow hunters or bow only since before it was fashionable. He's a tac driver with a compound and we both have pretty sound mechanics. All that being said we could shoot here or at yours. You can shoot me a PM anytine.
Great offer !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wow! Thanks @Hunter922 ! Thats mighty generous of you! I seldom take folks up on their generosity, but I really appreciate the offer…..I may have to take you up on it too!

Gbr5pb

I’ve started pulling back my bow again. I’ve been videoing myself etc. just trying to see the positions on my face. I want to go somewhere where someone can get me close to right, including bow setup. My bow needs no press to change DL, but not sure that matters. Any recommendations would be appreciated! I saw it best not to deal with a place in Canton that starts with an M, but don’t know about backwoods and can’t find others online.

My draw length has been way too short this whole time. I’ve got it up to like 29” which puts the nock below my eye . Now I can touch the string on my nose without leaning into it, but it feels way way long when drawing back. I pulled the lefty bow back right handed and it lined up better. But it’s also 32”ATA w/dual cams vs single cam @ 30”. Maybe I need a 34” ATA? I’m lost and need help. I don’t want to keep shooting with terrible habits and I hope it’s not too late.
I know I’ll draw hatred on here we are so good at it but I’ll defend the M place at canton. I bought my Matthews there in 2008 and screwed it up twice during season once fixed it on the spot no charge and the last time when smashed a cam by trying to shoot too close to tree found me a cam and had it ready in 3 days. Mathew’s is expensive stuff and I went to school with Mitch but have had excellent results

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I know I’ll draw hatred on here we are so good at it but I’ll defend the M place at canton. I bought my Matthews there in 2008 and screwed it up twice during season once fixed it on the spot no charge and the last time when smashed a cam by trying to shoot too close to tree found me a cam and had it ready in 3 days. Mathew’s is expensive stuff and I went to school with Mitch but have had excellent results
Not from me brother! Straight up, I’m really glad to hear you support him! I hate negative reviews and a bad experience can be had by anyone. I did drop my bow off at backwoods today. A decision was kinda made for me when I saw how frayed my string was. It was shot out around the peep sight from me moving it. Plus it was the original string on a 2017 bow.

I know I am about to start pulling that thing a lot and I mean a lot. But I was paranoid the string was gonna break so I just stopped shooting this AM, threw the bow in the truck and took off! The guy there told me they’d set it up for me too, so I’m stoked. I’ve never gon to a bow shop before so I’m a little intimidated too…….just a little. Hopefully it won’t take a whole week ::;

Gbr5pb

Was $200 at M shop a couple years ago to replace string cables a couple bushings and re set up. But field tips and broadheads go in same holes. Never got that when did my own setup

James12

If you don’t work on bows yourself, going to a bow shop and letting a pro set you and your bow up is the best thing you can do - it should be a law.

As for backwoods, I’ve been there before - nice guys - just don’t take your Mathews in there! They’re not fans of them.

As for Mitch’s archery in Canton, he’s the only person that will ever work on my bow so long as he’s in business. He’s always been so fair and honest with me too.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.

No hatred from me. I know lots of folks that swear allegiance to Ms. The fella can make a Mathews sing. But that’s the thing, he won’t work on anything except Mathews. At least that’s what I was told several years ago when I went in to get an older bow re-strung. I can understand that, dance with the one that brung you. I shot many’a Mathews for 10+ years. But the smug attitude is what drove me away. Even if I went back to a Mathews I’d go somewhere else else. They won’t ever get anymore of my money

James12

No hatred from me. I know lots of folks that swear allegiance to Ms. The fella can make a Mathews sing. But that’s the thing, he won’t work on anything except Mathews. At least that’s what I was told several years ago when I went in to get an older bow re-strung. I can understand that, dance with the one that brung you. I shot many’a Mathews for 10+ years. But the smug attitude is what drove me away. Even if I went back to a Mathews I’d go somewhere else else. They won’t ever get anymore of my money

Not to derail the OP, but as I understand he chose Mathews after selling multiple manufacturers (and for a number of reasons). It’s also hard to carry so many lines and parts and still be specialized. Personally, I want someone who has, or is seeing my model bow often working on mine. I prefer not to use shops selling any and all types myself.

Think there’s something to the story behind how the Mathews model came about too - which I’m a huge fan of myself even though I didn’t know before I started shooting Mathews. Anyone who’s curious can YouTube it. I also like that the profit from the “Mission” series by Mathews goes towards the “mission” of helping fatherless boys - and I can certainly support that!

Bfriendly, good luck with the new string.

Raylander

Not to derail the OP, but as I understand he chose Mathews after selling multiple manufacturers (and for a number of reasons). It’s also hard to carry so many lines and parts and still be specialized. Personally, I want someone who has, or is seeing my model bow often working on mine. I prefer not to use shops selling any and all types myself.

Think there’s something to the story behind how the Mathews model came about too - which I’m a huge fan of myself even though I didn’t know before I started shooting Mathews. Anyone who’s curious can YouTube it. I also like that the profit from the “Mission” series by Mathews goes towards the “mission” of helping fatherless boys - and I can certainly support that!

Bfriendly, good luck with the new string.

Like I said, I can understand all of that. But no reason to be smug. That’s my only gripe, if any. He’s good! Real good at what he does. Just no reason to be rude..

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Don’t be intimated by a bow shop. They are mosyly good folks that want you to have fun. Tell stories and ask questions
I’m always Shooting and by myself when hunting, so it was intimidating just to shoot with my cousins in KY the first time. It was a huge relief when my bow did the same thing in KY it did at home.:bounce::bounce: Nothing beats shooting under pressure so I do look forward to it at the same time being nervous….if that makes sense.

Raylander

I’m always Shooting and by myself when hunting, so it was intimidating just to shoot with my cousins in KY the first time. It was a huge relief when my bow did the same thing in KY it did at home.:bounce::bounce: Nothing beats shooting under pressure so I do look forward to it at the same time being nervous….if that makes sense.
Yes sir! I love it. Like catching a fish in front of your buddies

Hunter922

You're welcome.
Shooting with other archers will make you a better shooter and if you're nervous it can simulate the shot process when hunting. Definitely win-win..

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You're welcome.

Shooting with other archers will make you a better shooter and if you're nervous it can simulate the shot process when hunting. Definitely win-win..
100%! I totally agree!

If that sight lines up( ::; )and I don’t have to manipulate it with my release, I’d like to shoot against other archers too. I absolutely fell in love with shooting a bow as soon as I got past the forearm friction. I’m not sure why they didn’t teach us how to hold a bow properly in middle school. They were cheap fiberglass everything, but I remember archery class vividly!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
They just called and and it’s ready for me to go have the peep put in place. I’m gonna pick it up tomorrow after work….very please with turnaround!