New mathews lift 29. 5

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Just picked this one up yesterday. Haven't had a mathews since 2015 or so but finally one caught my eye. Speed and light. I've shot it a few times so far, too busy to dial it in but it's gonna make a great hunting bow I believe. I don't get too much into draw cycles and whatnot as long as the bow has a good solid back wall and this one does. It's def a little more harsh than my bowtech but I don't see much difference (although a little more harsh) than my carbon pse. Biggest gripe with mathews is mods for draw length but it's always been that way. It's plenty fast, plenty quiet, and plenty dead in hand. Will try back bar a little higher (behind and below front bar) to see where it works best. 20240221_160355.jpg20240221_160422.jpg20240221_160518.jpg

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Good lookin bow

Heard lotsa good things. I want to go shoot the Lift. But, I need a new bow like I need a hole in the head

rutnbuk

I have really had my eye on one for sure. I have been shooting an Elite Energy 35 @50pounds for 10 years now and still love it, but just got the itch for a new one. My draw length is 31.5 so I prefer longer A2A and the 33 @55pounds is close. I have not been able to shoot one yet and have heard that if you order one custom{colors,strings, etc} it could be Jul/Aug before it arrives. SO possibility having to wait that long has taken some of the fun out of spending 2k.- lol. Maybe that is normal but with all the hype I would think they would be cranking them out.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I have really had my eye on one for sure. I have been shooting an Elite Energy 35 @50pounds for 10 years now and still love it, but just got the itch for a new one. My draw length is 31.5 so I prefer longer A2A and the 33 @55pounds is close. I have not been able to shoot one yet and have heard that if you order one custom{colors,strings, etc} it could be Jul/Aug before it arrives. SO possibility having to wait that long has taken some of the fun out of spending 2k.- lol. Maybe that is normal but with all the hype I would think they would be cranking them out.
Yep I heard July.

The lift seems like a nice bow. Just got my ole trusty traverse spiffed back up. New strings and cables. New cam. Added a breal grip limb driver i8 intergrate fast Eddie sight Mathew’s stabilizer . 30 inch draw 425 grain arrow 70.4 lbs 293.. that’s pretty good to me. Lift wouldn’t give me but about 5 fps if that. Be alittle lighter. The traverse is a shooter for sure

Last edited:

Kris87

I can't get over the cams, mods, axles, top hats, and basically everything else they engineer into their bows. Other than that, they are very quality bows.

James12

It’s oddly light and well balanced - lighter than any carbon I’ve held. Haven’t found a bad review and even from non-mathews guys (that I think were being honest anyways). Sticking with my V3 27 n VXR 28 for now. The only downfall in this release is Mathews has very serious production and lead time issues, and they'll want to be releasing their 25’ bow in November.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I can't get over the cams, mods, axles, top hats, and basically everything else they engineer into their bows. Other than that, they are very quality bows.
I wish I could respond with a very quality emoji :ROFLMAO:
They did something nobody else has done (to my knowledge) and I had to try it.

Gut_Pile

I have been loving my lift since I got it. Was able to kill a couple of does with it before season went out.

It has been very easy to tune and I love how it feels in my hand

HIGH COUNTRY

Buying one for my grandson who has been bow only for two years for graduation present from high school; He shot a 140/145 class buck at seventeen this past season with hand me down PSE I gave him. May go with longer version, going to let him shoot one soon. Friend I worked with at ABAC now part owner in outdoors store in Cuthbert ga has Mathews and PSE, great guy...

Yeah that’s a good idea on going with the lift 33. The longer ata is better on string angle. More of a factor for tall archers with a longer draw length. I have always shot a 34 plus axle to axle bow much better..

Tight Lines

Looks great! I have 3 Mathews and love them. I'd like to buy a new one but there is nothing at all wrong with the 3 I have...have a SBXT, Creed XS, and No Cam HTR. All three are quiet, light, easy to shoot and great warranty and support. Mathews is a solid company.

The SBXT is still one of the best bows ever made...I sold my original then bought a used one and completely rebuilt it. Once the kids get out of the house and / or start using a bow, I'll get back into it more.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Tried hard to like it. Can't. Don't. You can not relax 1 bit at full draw without the bow trying to go off. Shot it 3 or 4 days, then went back my pse and bowtech to compare and there is none. Lucky for me everybody is looking for 1, and the dude said bring it back and he'll resell
At almost 50 yr old I want a bow i have the option to turn down to 60, not one that I have to.

Last edited: