Which bow?

Flywater

Hello all. Was curious what the opinions might be on which bow to buy if the prices were all in the same ballpark? The Bear Adapt+ RTH, Mathews MXR or a used Mathews DXT? The adapt and the MXR would be brand new while the DXT is used.
I'm leaning towards the Adapt+ for the fact that it has aluminum limb pockets which I've come to understand is something not usually found in mid-tier bows.
The MXR package at my local shop comes with a drop away rest while the Adapt doesn't. It has a V whisker biscuit. Not having any experience in bows at all, I like this option as well because it is made by Mathews.
The DXT is used but comes with everything needed that I would have to purchase separately for the others. Once I took it to a shop for setup the price would be right in line with the others.
Looking to you fine folks to give your thoughts and opinions to help me with this decision. I'm sure you will mention pros/cons that I haven't thought of yet.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

I don't know the other bows mentioned, but I did own and shoot a DXT for several years. Its a good bow, but it is a older bow. The only trouble I had with mine was the fact it was so short Axel -Axel. I have a long draw and that made it finicky to shoot because of the string angle. I figured it out and killed alot of deer with it. You should know the DXT was made between 2008-2010, and nothing depreciates as much as a used bow . Mathews and Hoyt seem to hold their value more than others, but you can buy more bow for less money nowadays , technology has advanced. The best advice you can get is to shoot several bows, when you get the right one.....you will know it, you can feel it. Just make for sure the draw length fits you or not much else matters.

Flywater

I don't know the other bows mentioned, but I did own and shoot a DXT for several years. Its a good bow, but it is a older bow. The only trouble I had with mine was the fact it was so short Axel -Axel. I have a long draw and that made it finicky to shoot because of the string angle. I figured it out and killed alot of deer with it. You should know the DXT was made between 2008-2010, and nothing depreciates as much as a used bow . Mathews and Hoyt seem to hold their value more than others, but you can buy more bow for less money nowadays , technology has advanced. The best advice you can get is to shoot several bows, when you get the right one.....you will know it, you can feel it. Just make for sure the draw length fits you or not much else matters.
Hi Hillbilly. Wasn't really putting too much thought into the DXT honestly. I haven't had a chance to shoot either one, but I did have the shop close to the house measure my draw and setup the MXR and let me draw it back. It felt good to me but I've never had a bow before, so, what do I know. Lol
I think for the money, the MXR package has the items with it that I was going to upgrade to if I got the Adapt+.

Hunter922

As stated above.. Shoot the bows if they are available.. The bow that feels best to you will stand out and that's the bow. You'll get a million different answers on which is a betted value but it may not be the bow for YOU.. Let the bow decide for you.