Fantasy Fishing 2024

toolmkr20

Well, looks like we had a savant sneak in among us.. CrossingEyes17 is in the top 5% and still has 4 fishing this morning... CONGRATS! I'm at my usual .. just making the top 50% with only 2 making the cut. It never fails for me.. don't pick Steve Kennedy and he does good to great, pick Greg Hackney on a lake he "should" slam and his wheels fall off. But, it works just the opposite also... if I don't pick Hackney he's top 10.. pick Steve and his boat breaks down and ends up 100.

Mine started out hot and then went belly up facepalm:facepalm:

HermanMerman

Trying to follow along on BASS Live but everyone fishing today is out in the middle of the lake using live scope. It’s like watching someone play video games…impossible to watch.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Trying to follow along on BASS Live but everyone fishing today is out in the middle of the lake using live scope. It’s like watching someone play video games…impossible to watch.
Yeah, that's what they're calling now. Kind of took the "fishing" out of it, that's one of the reasons all the rookies and younger folks are so much better than they really should be..IMO.

HermanMerman

Yeah, that's what they're calling now. Kind of took the "fishing" out of it, that's one of the reasons all the rookies and younger folks are so much better than they really should be..IMO.

I agree. No other reason why these kids straight out of college join a pro B.A.S.S. league and immediately out fish Rick Clunn, Greg Hackney, Matt Herren, etc.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I agree. No other reason why these kids straight out of college join a pro B.A.S.S. league and immediately out fish Rick Clunn, Greg Hackney, Matt Herren, etc.
Most of these "young'ns" got started in B.A.S.S. in sponsored high school clubs and got scholarships to colleges to be on bass fishing teams.. only difference in them and football.. baseball.. etc. is they still had to go through the B.A.S.S. Opens to make it to the big time.
Rick (this is his 50th year at the top) and them had to start out in locals and spend a lot of years making no money but a name so someone would start kick'n out a little money to help them move up. It's just a different system now and we (us old folks) gotta figure it out or get left behind.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Just a F.Y.I. for this weeks tourney.. the guy that just won at Fantasy Fishing picked 4 freshmen (2 made the top 10) and on sophomore (who won his 2nd title and grabbed his 1st century belt).
The fish were just starting to bed today at Toledo Bend, so should really be moving up at Lake fork.. gonna put my money on "old" sight fisherman over the video vixens.. one more time.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Oh, speak'n of this week's tourney..once again.. there is a quick turn around (the guy's that fished today at Toledo Bend just missed their 1st day of practice at Lake Fork), so keep a eye on the FF site because it'll open up for our next picks on Mon. (hopefully) or as late as Tues. or Wens. and dead line is 6am Thurs. so there's not a lot of time to be sure of your picks.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
O.K. they've got the list open to make your picks, remember you only have till 6am Thursday.. Gook Luck Everyone!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Well, I truly tanked this one.. in all the years I've been fantasy fishing (FLW, BASS, MLF) I can't remember being out of the top 2000... much less below 20 thousandth out of just over 50,000. facepalm: But, can't say it hasn't been a interesting tourney, over 4 hours till weigh in and 8 out of 10 are already over 100lbs. with the other 2 with in 1lb. and 10lbs. respectably... and the lead is only 14lbs. from the all time B.A.S.S. record for any tourney.
Who's up for a trip to Texas? Bet you can't get a reservation with in 200 miles of that lake closer than 3-4 years out now. :hair:

toolmkr20

I didn’t finish too awful but I’ve picked Cifuentes two tournaments in a row and he’s let me down. Might back off him the next. CrossingEyes17 is killing us lol.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Got the "Classic" coming up next week. Y'all are gonna find fewer folks to chose from, but also some names you won't recognize. Don't sell these guys short.. they earned their way to the Classic and can surprise you. Do your homework before making your picks.
Good Luck to Everyone!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Last chance to check them picks, The Classic kicks off tomorrow morning.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Sorry I missed the last one folks, been out of town (and touch) for a bit. But, don't let that cause anyone to miss this next one on a quick turn around... Thursday morning is right around the corner so get your picks in. Good Luck!