Chattahoochee HP

BlackjackBates

Hey all! New to the forum. I have a question that I'm sure has already been answered a half a dozen times, but here it goes...

I have a 14' aluminum semi v with a 4hp, 2 stroke yamaha. Is that enough power for the hooch? I would be fishing mainly around the Newnan/Franklin/Whitesburg area. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
You could do it, but I’m not sure I’d try it but under the lowest of current flows at Whitesburg. You would be a little better off around Franklin, but again you aren’t getting anywhere in a hurry.

BlackjackBates

You could do it, but I’m not sure I’d try it but under the lowest of current flows at Whitesburg. You would be a little better off around Franklin, but again you aren’t getting anywhere in a hurry.

Thanks for the heads up. I may give it a go one day if I get the nerve.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I don’t see any issue . I run all over it in a 9.9 and see folks all over the river in kayaks . Id much rather be in a Jon boat with a small motor than a kayak with a paddle . And I’ve done both . I wouldn’t hesitate unless I was new to it I guess . Just be careful and good luck

Whitefeather

Management Material
I'll definitely be at West Point, but the river is still calling. Guess i'll need to upgrade the ponies before taking that on.
I would do a test run at Franklin first. If you go to Whitesburg and find out that you don’t have enough motor to get up river then it’s a rough ride downstream from there. At least in Franklin there is some smoother water and ramps not too far downstream.