Chehaw Frontier Festival 2013

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
The 20th Annual starts this mornin`. Hope ya`ll can come see us.

crackerdave

Hey guys!
I plan on being there by noon friday and firing up the Stumps Smoker. I plan on smoking 4 Boston Butts. One is already called for. The other three I will let go first come first serve at the cost of the butt plus $5. Not trying to make a profit...just covering some of the costs.
Send me a PM or just reply to this post.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Hey,Mike- we're in rv site 22.Lil' white pop up and lil' white Tracker.Where you be?:fine:

blues brother

Hey,Mike- we're in rv site 22.Lil' white pop up and lil' white Tracker.Where you be?:fine:

dang brother!
I am in site 19! Been here since five thirty...
I will walk down and see ifin you is still up...
btw...my site is the one that smells like pork cooking!

BriarPatch99

I posted a few photos from today in another thread in this section ... please feel free to add any photos you may have to it ....

I got to meet some of our fine GON members there ... it was a very enjoyable day to say the least!!!

Jimmy K.

Bill Mc

I had a good time. I'd like to thank Chehawknaper for all the good advise he gave me and hope's he will forgive me for the harassment I gave him.:bounce:

For those he missed it, shame on you.

cotinpatch

It was a lovely day....perhaps a bit warm but that's whole lot better than cold. I had a really nice time and have to thank everyone (and especially Mike) for your gracious hospitality!!! Hope to see everyone again soon!!!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I had a good time. I'd like to thank Chehawknaper for all the good advise he gave me and hope's he will forgive me for the harassment I gave him.:bounce:

For those he missed it, shame on you.
:hair: I MISSED seeing YOU????????:(
It was a lovely day....perhaps a bit warm but that's whole lot better than cold. I had a really nice time and have to thank everyone (and especially Mike) for your gracious hospitality!!! Hope to see everyone again soon!!!
:cheers: I will try to get the "WOW" pics up soon........ so glad you get out & join in like you do!:cheers:

crackerdave

Bill- I missed you,too! See you at the next get-together!

Cindy and I sure enjoyed a good weekend and met up with a lot of good folks.To all involved with this Festival : Yall sure made it worth the drive! It was very well done,and we are looking forward to the next one.

Every time I go to one of these,I think we should have some GON/Woody's Campfire tee shirts so we can spot you in a crowd.:pop:

Last edited:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
My thanks to those who came and supported the event! It was great to meet all of you. I'd love to see more next year and hope ya'll consider dressing out pre-1840's with us and maybe camp too!

BriarPatch99

I know I walked right past many of the GON/Woody's members ... as I had no idea of what they looked like ... I had never meet any other members before ....

So here is an idea ... a GON/Woody's corded name neck badge ... it would be easy to slide under your shirt/jacket for photos or some other reason if needed ... similar to this ...

GON_Woodys_zps92e8ac32.jpg

crackerdave

I know I walked right past many of the GON/Woody's members ... as I had no idea of what they looked like ... I had never meet any other members before ....

So here is an idea ... a GON/Woody's corded name neck badge ... it would be easy to slide under your shirt/jacket for photos or some other reason if needed ... similar to this ...

GON_Woodys_zps92e8ac32.jpg

Good idea!

blues brother

It was a lovely day....perhaps a bit warm but that's whole lot better than cold. I had a really nice time and have to thank everyone (and especially Mike) for your gracious hospitality!!! Hope to see everyone again soon!!![

Thanks for the brownies. They were delish!:clap:

TNGIRL

I am in the process of adding my pics to Jimmy's (BriarPatch99)thread. Since I'm not very good with this stuff.....could someone hop over to the Primitive section and post up a link to that thread so folks over there could find them ......sure was good to see some of my dear friends and to make a few more!!!!!:biggrin3:

I LOVE Chehaw!!!!!:biggrin2:

This is the first day off for me since Dec. 26 - I am tired. I am also extremely appreciative to everyone who helped, participated and/or just came to check us out! Special thanks to those that "man the stations" - David Weise on the tomahawk block; Jim Warfel at the shooting range; Bob Polarsky as chief Dog Soldier and all of his recruits. Very special thanks to Segundo Nick Baker who has had my back for years! Words can't express my appreciation for my wife Karen who has to put up with my somewhat moody demeanor while working 3 weeks straight 10 - 12 hours a day. Thanks for the posting of all the pictures - some incredible shots were taken. Kudos for all that took the time and had the forethought to record the event for all. Major shout out for the Woodies' members that show up each year. I hope everyone had a great time. We will do it again next year!

Remember, I'm tired. I just remembered I forgot something. This event was started by Kieth Seeley and Jim Vick as an educational rendezvous and I wish to express thanks, awe and appreciation to all the participants who keep that tradition. Karen, Helen and Jackie were spinning and weaving. Veronica had her girls dipping beeswax candles and was busy with"living" the weekend. Polarsky was making leather bags. Todd was making moccasins. Richard and family were serenading the public with their music. Andy, Neal, Angel, Ken, Gene and Buck had a crowd of folks around them the whole weekend. I am sure I forgot someone - please excuse me if it was you. I refer back to the first sentence.Thanks to all!!!

Nugefan

Remember, I'm tired. I just remembered I forgot something. This event was started by Kieth Seeley and Jim Vick as an educational rendezvous and I wish to express thanks, awe and appreciation to all the participants who keep that tradition. Karen, Helen and Jackie were spinning and weaving. Veronica had her girls dipping beeswax candles and was busy with"living" the weekend. Polarsky was making leather bags. Todd was making moccasins. Richard and family were serenading the public with their music. Andy, Neal, Angel, Ken, Gene and Buck had a crowd of folks around them the whole weekend. I am sure I forgot someone - please excuse me if it was you. I refer back to the first sentence.Thanks to all!!!

Many thanks to you for having a place for us to do this ....I really enjoy passin' on the skills you and the others have shared with me ...:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

blues brother

A big X2 to what Nugefan said! Ben, Thanks so much for a great weekend.
Nugefan, It was really cool meeting you.
I am already looking forward to next year...