Chehaw Frontier Festival 2013

BradMyers

Gone but not forgotten
Well,,,,I screwed up!
Mentioned to SWMBO this morning that I was going to Albany...
She wants to go to! AUUUUGH!!!! Now I gotta get a motor home ready and the cook trailer.
Oh well... See yall in a couple of weeks! Cant wait!

Now ya done it, no snake in the cooler this time.:cry: Well I'll be near y'all at the cabins. Can't wait to throw back a few with ya.:cheers: SWMBO gotta love it.:bounce:

Seeing all that are planning on coming is exciting! Everyone plan on bringing lots of plunder to the round robin trade blanket for Saturday night. Anyone bringing some homemade apple pie to pass around?

Would anyone be interested in a quick class on friction fire for Friday afternoon about 3:00?

blues brother

Would anyone be interested in a quick class on friction fire for Friday afternoon about 3:00?

Yes! Trying to get the young feller(he just turned 22) I carpool with to come down... we was talking about this the other day. He would be a great student for you. I just wanna watch and take pics. Don't think I could do your trick without my porter cable cordless drill!:rofl:
Planning on leaving B'ville by 10am friday. Should be there by noon or shortly there after...

crackerdave

Hey,Mike - yawl are camping,right?

Lookin' forward to seeing you again - brang that good firepit that saved our lives one winter weekend![I still say those would sell as fast as you could make 'em. I know I'd sure buy one]

blues brother

Yes sir Mr. Crackerdave! I will be camping in my cook trailer for sure. I can bring the pit, but they will not allow it at the rondevoo sites and thats where the late night fun will be. I have made a small one out of a 20lb propane tank that is a whole lot easier to haul around.
I hope you make as well...it has been to long!

crackerdave

I'm looking forward to all of it, but I specially like the late night campfire tomfoolery.:yeah:

blues brother

I'll bring my banjo...if somebody will play it.
I got a cigar box guitar and a little amp...if somebody will play it.
I am good at playing my Ipod and stereo, but not much else.

Chehawknapper, I will have a jug or so of some pie!

crackerdave

I'll bring my Gibson,my "pass around" guitar,and maybe my grandaughter's pank guitar in case we can flush a lady picker out of the crowd.:biggrin2: It's actually a good-playing little git-tar, but not just anybody will play it unless they're secure in their manhood,or female.:bounce:

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
Just checked my schedule!! I have that weekend off!!!
I gotta get the cook trailer ready for a trip.
I guess yall not gonna let me park it close to the tee-pees, are ya?::ke:::ke:
Looking forward to another great weekend in Albany.
ps...will be bringing some Pig Candy and some Stump Tots.

:biggrin2: did someone say pig candy??

Rob said we're goin! I told him "dern right we were!! It's my birthday and we're doin' what I want!" :bounce:

Can't wait to see y'all! ! :yeah:

schleylures

what is that?
That is some good schedueing, I want to know where to be on Friday about three. Three is that between midnight and Breakfeast,Or Breakfest and midnight?????????????????

I am hoping to enlist a few folks to help with the friction fire workshop. Those that occasionally haveproblems with bow drill, bring your kits and we can see if we can correct those problems. Your bow drill is a piece of cake and now your ready for hand drill - eat your wheaties and come on! For those that are simply wanting to be consistent with flint and steel, I bet we could find several folks around camp to help out.

Tailfeather

I've got a fair sized nodule of some pretty nice chert. I'd likely break it into a million pieces trying to spall it out. So.....if one of you gents wants to have a whack at it, I'll split what ya get from it. I'd like to watch and learn.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Wendell, be out in front of my lodge when the sun is about 3 fingers over that sawtooth oak on Traders Row. I`ll have you 2 friction fire kits made up. A hand drill set and a bow drill set.

Tail feather, bring it - there are several folks that can help you. Look me up and I'll gladly spall it out for you.