Christianity soon to be 2nd

StriperAddict

How does Steve KNOW what god wants?
Wouldn't, if it were true and god actually communicated with people, be universal in that EVERYBODY who thinks they know what god wants would say the same thing??

Meaning: there would be no reason for Steve having to write an article that tells everybody what would obviously already be known.

It sounds as if this is Steve's opinion and what he would want as if he were god. He sounds like a lot of writers in the Bible.

How often in your line of work did you try to bring someone up to speed, and got frustrated because they didn't get it? They were of the same training as you, read the books of your trade, and just didn't see it. I happen to know HVAC quite well, but there are still things I haven't quite gotten yet.

For what I 'know', I mention here in connection with the spiritual questions on this board. In his note, Steve did the same. No more, no less, just as we all with our present knowledge communicate those things that have a very real and present reality for us, and a comforting one at that.

If perhaps the heart stuff behind the gospel, the free gift of His union with man with no strings attached, and a forever changed heart by His grace --- were to make a path in your understanding - I'd greatly be glad for you and all who hear the simple message as well. Keep questioning (I do all the time :) ) and help from what you believe an unlikely place might come at the right place and time.

- Walter

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
How often in your line of work did you try to bring someone up to speed, and got frustrated because they didn't get it? They were of the same training as you, read the books of your trade, and just didn't see it. I happen to know HVAC quite well, but there are still things I haven't quite gotten yet.

For what I 'know', I mention here in connection with the spiritual questions on this board. In his note, Steve did the same. No more, no less, just as we all with our present knowledge communicate those things that have a very real and present reality for us, and a comforting one at that.

If perhaps the heart stuff behind the gospel, the free gift of His union with man with no strings attached, and a forever changed heart by His grace --- were to make a path in your understanding - I'd greatly be glad for you and all who hear the simple message as well. Keep questioning (I do all the time :) ) and help from what you believe an unlikely place might come at the right place and time.

- Walter
I appreciate your eloquent style of expression but I do not agree with it's accuracy regarding the gospels and a god.

660griz

- Walter

I think most atheist come from a place of knowing and believing. It is when they/we start asking honest questions from a place without fear that we determine our path.

If I understand your analogy, that would be like someone knowing the line of work and then decide the line of work is just not for them. After they decide, folks keep trying to explain the line of work to them.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I think most atheist come from a place of knowing and believing. It is when they/we start asking honest questions from a place without fear that we determine our path.

If I understand your analogy, that would be like someone knowing the line of work and then decide the line of work is just not for them. After they decide, folks keep trying to explain the line of work to them.
Precisely!

ky55

Seems like comments of that type are pretty common.
Sometimes they sound condescending, sometimes they sound like the typical "bless your heart", and sometimes they just carry an air of superiority.
Doesn't really matter though-
All of the above show a lack of respect for another person's opinion and choice.

Israel

BANNED

I'm kinda past caring about appearing indelicate, so that's some funny sh** right there!

Lemme see the equation.

Now..."atheist"...once "believer/knower"...became fearless...in fearlessness asked honest questions...that led to atheism.

So it looks like this?

B/K - fear + honesty=atheist

woo hoo...and you call the "other folks" rather supercilious... you good looking fearless buncha tried and true hot dogs. Tell me...is it really this you like to think looks back from the mirror?

(And remember, points off for pudginess)

Attachments

• dirty harry.jpg
    dirty harry.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 74

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'm kinda past caring about appearing indelicate, so that's some funny sh** right there!

Lemme see the equation.

Now..."atheist"...once "believer/knower"...became fearless...in fearlessness asked honest questions...that led to atheism.

So it looks like this?

woo hoo...and you call the "other folks" rather supercilious... you good looking fearless buncha tried and true hot dogs. Tell me...is it really this you like to think looks back from the mirror?

Actually, no, that is not it at all.

Griz described it exactly as it was for me. No extra theatrics from your interpretation fits or is needed.

660griz

Lemme see the equation.

So it looks like this?

If by fearless you mean, no fear of going to h3!! or fear of questioning the almighty or the 'Book', or being outcast. Then yea. If by fearless you mean the out of context meaning of not fearing anything then, no. That's not it.
And yes, that is exactly who is looking back from the mirror.
Aint skeered! (Of most things) :) Sharks, box jelly fish...to name a few. :)

Appearing indelicate? I am pretty sure we are use to the indelicate. This is a subject that is virtually impossible to discuss without somebody getting offended.
However, I try to attack the religion and belief and not the person. TRY...I said. Not saying I have never gone personal but, usually it is in defense...I hope.

Artfuldodger

Seems like comments of that type are pretty common.
Sometimes they sound condescending, sometimes they sound like the typical "bless your heart", and sometimes they just carry an air of superiority.
Doesn't really matter though-
All of the above show a lack of respect for another person's opinion and choice.

I've read through this thread and some of the others and I don't see them as you do. Your description describes just as many believers as non-believers.

The use of "ignorant" in this thread by a believer is about as close to your description that I see.

I would think a person who believes he will live forever might have a slight feeling of superiority over one who will die when he dies.;)

Israel

BANNED
Actually, no, that is not it at all.

Griz described it exactly as it was for me. No extra theatrics from your interpretation fits or is needed.

If by fearless you mean, no fear of going to h3!! or fear of questioning the almighty or the 'Book', or being outcast. Then yea. If by fearless you mean the out of context meaning of not fearing anything then, no. That's not it.
Aint skeered! (Of most things) Sharks, box jelly fish...to name a few.

Appearing indelicate? I am pretty sure we are use to the indelicate. This is a subject that is virtually impossible to discuss without somebody getting offended.
However, I try to attack the religion and belief and not the person. TRY...I said. Not saying I have never gone personal but, usually it is in defense...I hope.

LOL, I feel you dog.

He!! is the place we make for ourselves, where no one else but ourselves...fits. It's as perfect as salvation is in its provision.

Any you guys ever spent any time in solitary? Neither have I, but seen it a few times.

Yeah yeah, we all have our own ways of saying "But I'm the unbreakable man..."

Now, that's really funny, too.

Israel

BANNED
With no apology to Robert

You walk into a church, or you walk into a bar,
You're tired and lonely and you've travelled way too far,
The door you push says pull but that's just who you are,
you never really trusted he'd meet you where you are
but once inside their faces chill you to the bone...
And you know there's something happening here, but you don't know what it is...
Do you, Mr Jones?

You try to feel at home, you're hungry and just want to eat,
they pass a plate of body parts and say "start with the feet"
but through the waves of nausea the hungers stays complete,
and you give in now chewing down to the bone
Do you, Mr Jones?

Familiar faces now just show a heinous grin,
Once friends and family and you don't know why you let them in
They got their clipboards out, to enumerate your sin
Their pencils recommend that you get tossed in bin
But you keep eating as the blood runs down your chin
This full plate you got, can't be denied, you know that it's your own...
Do you, Mr Jones?

This taste for flesh you got, well where did it come from?
You wonder if from a child when sucking on your thumb,
or playing king of hill when on your chest you drummed,
the winner gets the cake the losers get the crumbs
and from where you're sitting now the rest just look like bums
but there's a shaking and you know it from your throne,
Do you, Mr Jones?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
LOL, I feel you dog.

He!! is the place we make for ourselves, where no one else but ourselves...fits. It's as perfect as salvation is in its provision.

Any you guys ever spent any time in solitary? Neither have I, but seen it a few times.

Yeah yeah, we all have our own ways of saying "But I'm the unbreakable man..."

Now, that's really funny, too.
So h3ll is different than described in the bible?

Israel

BANNED
Not at all, there's plenty of weeping there and gnashing of teeth, just not much going on in the way of communing, y'know...like...

to take the place in this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas fell away, that he might go to his own place.

One either gets what is prepared for him...as gift...or gets the best he can do for himself.

Kinda like...now.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Not at all, there's plenty of weeping there and gnashing of teeth, just not much going on in the way of communing, y'know...like...

to take the place in this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas fell away, that he might go to his own place.

One either gets what is prepared for him...as gift...or gets the best he can do for himself.

Kinda like...now.

Plenty of weeping going on and gnashing of teeth......
I couldn't know those details. How can you? I think you are making it up.

swampstalker24

Aint skeered! (Of most things) :) Sharks, box jelly fish...to name a few. :)

Ahhh fear.... the fundamental tenant of both Christianity and Islam. You would think such a loving, all powerful god would not need to instill fear into his subjects in order for them to embrace his teachings :huh:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Ahhh fear.... the fundamental tenant of both Christianity and Islam. You would think such a loving, all powerful god would not need to instill fear into his subjects in order for them to embrace his teachings :huh:

I give thee Free Will for you do not have to love me nor believe in me.
But ifins ya don't, im gonna make sure you burn for all eternity.

ky55

Ahhh fear.... the fundamental tenant of both Christianity and Islam.

Can't speak for Islam, but you can throw in guilt and shame for Christianity.
I guess that makes it a trinity!!

stringmusic

I give thee Free Will for you do not have to love me nor believe in me.
But ifins ya don't, im gonna make sure you burn for all eternity.

God gives us free will not to choose to be with Him in heaven when you die.

It's not going to be a picnic to be apart from the presence of God, which is he11. God doesn't want you there so He made a way that you wouldn't have to spend eternity apart from Him.

All these years and you're still making posts like this, it makes one think you're not listening.

stringmusic

Can't speak for Islam, but you can throw in guilt and shame for Christianity.
I guess that makes it a trinity!!
Do you think humanity should do away with guilt and shame? Is there something wrong with it?