Church 101- Biological Clock Parable

LittleDrummerBoy

And I say this without equivocation nor any cloaking...the house of christendom is coming down.

Perhaps one need not be a Christian to follow Jesus.

It is notable that people were following Jesus for a number of years before the term "Christian" was applied to them.

It is also notable that when King Agrippa asked the Apostle Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?”

Paul's reply was not "Yes, I want you to be a Christian."

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Churches are driving away reluctant attenders by their(the churches) attention to attendance and giving? facepalm: Brother. :rolleyes: Jeez!!! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Churches are dying for one reason and one that is completely exemplified by your 5 minute and 46 second video sermon: complete spiritual emptiness: not one mention of the gospel.
Even a reluctant attender can be captivated by the expositional preaching on his condition and the spiritual, emotional and physical life altering promises of the gospel and a Holy Spirit guided life. Preachers that preach that don't have to worry about attendance or reluctant givers. People will WANT to both come and give. Everybody is debating the merits all these new ideas of increasing attendance, because they don't preach the gospel. Billy Graham was Billy Graham because the gospel was all he ever preached. It didn't change. If he was alive today he would be just as popular and just as sought after. It was his message. Pastors and churches are struggling today because they want to preach an altered gospel or no gospel at all. Our church had a staggering turnout today as we do most Sundays. Our pastor preaches the straight, undiluted gospel every Sunday in an easy to understand, easy to apply fashion. Maybe one day these churches and pastors will come to their senses and say, "You know, maybe we should try what's worked for 2000 years. You know. Just give it a shot. What have we got to lose?"

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Perhaps one need not be a Christian to follow Jesus.

You are aware the term Christian literally means "(Jesus) Christ-like" aren't you?

It is also notable that when King Agrippa asked the Apostle Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?”

Paul's reply was not "Yes, I want you to be a Christian."

Are you suggesting Paul did not identify as a Christian? Paul's reply to the above question from Agrippa was:

“Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.”

The more you express yourself, the more spiritually lost you appear to me. I'm not saying that as an insult, just as a concern.