Churches that go against the words of the bible for 2% of the population

revrandyf

While I agree with the original post as a concern for the Church I wish folks would get their facts straight. There may be folks in the United Methodist Church who are in favor of more tolerance for the homosexual agenda but to say the denomination has a tolerance for it is not true. Our Book of Discipline speaks to this very plainly. The homosexual life style is incompatible with Scripture. Homosexuals are people of sacred worth. That's the official position of the denomination.

Garcia Mitchler

I have to side with the late Dr. James Kennedy who once preached:

The networks make a mockery of Christians, greed, materialisim,violence, and sexual perversion are standard fare. Program after program, movie after movie, contain anti-Christian episodes and plots. News articles condescendingly refer to the " fundamentalist, right-wing Christians." Those who speak out for the sacredness of life are branded as extremists....

And 300,000 pulpits were silent...

atlashunter

And why would you care?
Why not start a poll?

Why would I when you used the last one to accuse me of working for Satan, made an ad hominem attack, and then removed it? I have no interest in indulging that.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Why would I when you used the last one to accuse me of working for Satan, made an ad hominem attack, and then removed it? I have no interest in indulging that.

I didn't remove it.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

I removed it. I will remove this thread as well if it slips into childish name calling. I will also add little red marks in profiles if needed. Play NICELY.

gtparts

Guarantee you the percentage of adulterers in those churches is a lot higher than 2%. I wonder how many of them are part of the group who love to raise a stink about homosexuals?

Boy, you sure nailed it there! And rightfully, it is to their shame. It is unquestionably about basic ignorance, by way of poor leadership (instruction) or poor discipleship (not being able to recognize poor leadership or unwillingness to submit to good leadership).

The solution is to study and meditate on the Word (and I mean the entire Word), pray, and practice.

That being said, I find it difficult to grasp why those who may be "seeking" tend to focus on the "membership" rather than the "leader". Does it really make sense to assume and rely on "membership" perfectly modeling the thoughts, attitudes, and action of the leader, for direction?
If there is a methodology, should it not be to seek out the foundational basis first, compare it to the present "leadership", and like a sieve, place oneself under the "leadership" that most accurately reflects that foundation?

Just to bottomline the matter, I am not particularly a follower of Christians (or denominations), mainly due to inconsistencies, some being better models and teachers and some being less so. If I am to be the best that I am capable of, that my life is honoring to God, I must set for myself the best example, Jesus. You just can't improve upon perfect.

christianhunter

What did Jesus have to say about it?

I find it amusing that of all the behaviors discussed in the bible some people have such an infatuation with this one.

It is not an infatuation,it is a fact.Sodom and all of the cities around it save one were destroyed.The one that was spared was for the benefit of Lot.I looked 3 close relatives in their eyes and told them,they would be sent to Hel l if they died in that condition.Homo-phobe....NO,disgust in the unnatural,perverted essense of it...YES!

ambush80

It is not an infatuation,it is a fact.Sodom and all of the cities around it save one were destroyed.The one that was spared was for the benefit of Lot.I looked 3 close relatives in their eyes and told them,they would be sent to Hel l if they died in that condition.Homo-phobe....NO,disgust in the unnatural,perverted essense of it...YES!

That is the "cost" of your beliefs.

HuntDawg

I am sure my thoughts are to be conceived as crazy, but here we go. As I do know (not believe) that the act of sex is a choice. With that said, I offer one question to all on this board.

If being gay is a choice, then please explain to me when you made the choice to be either gay or heterosexual?

I do not ever remember deciding that I liked women. As a matter of fact, if I chose to be a heterosexual at sometime in my life, and do not remember when, why can I not change my mind tomorrow and choose to be gay? If in fact being gay is a choice, should I not be able to become gay tomorrow? :confused:

testdepth

Banned
Yes you can choose to become gay tomorrow!

That is why it is a choice. Wanting to lock lips with another man in a sexual way is a choice.

atlashunter

That is why it is a choice. Wanting to lock lips with another man in a sexual way is a choice.

So you're not attracted to one gender more than the other? It's just a matter of choice based on what your religion says for you? If God said heterosexuality is a sin you could just as easily choose to be homosexual?

HuntDawg

By using the word "wanting" do you mean being sexually stimulated? Yes, any man can kiss another man and it is a choice, but is it stimulating?

I can tell you with 100% honesty. I could chose to kiss a man tomorrow, but I would never be stimulated by doing the act. This is what I meant with my post. Yes, the act of sex is a choice. We make that choice everyday. Gay is not the act, it is the feelings that go along with the act.

So are you stating that you could kiss a man tomorrow and feel sexually stimulated by choice?

sun

Now there will be homosexual soldier heros that will have public monuments with their names inscribed.
A hero is a hero whether they're homosexual or not.
And all veterans will be equally respected by almost every member of the public and will be remembered in people's prayers just like any other soldier.
We all try to teach our children not to hate and to respect the dignity of others.
When folks in church pray to protect our soldiers, just rememeber that some are homosexuals and no one will be able differentiate them in their prayers except for God.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death" (Leviticus 20:13, RSV).

People are put to death just for being born.
What can anyone tell young homosexual kids of high school age?
That they will never change and live to be a ripe old age?
Or that they will never become a soldier and a hero?
If they ever did become a dead soldier then the chances are that they will die and be buried right beside some of their brother's in arms who are not homosexual.
Dead is dead and God judges them.
Meanwhile they worship God where they are welcome, and many Christians simply act respectful towards them as a universal principle just as Jesus taught us how to treat all others.

Last edited:

JFS

No, that is the cost of their chosen lifestyle! There is nothing wrong with his beliefs.

One branch of my in-laws in Alabama has 3 kids. One kid is a perpetual drunk and has been in and out of prison most of his life. One has been married 4 times and has had a succession of kids since the age of 17. He can't support himself and still lives at home with his current girlfriend at age 40. The third child is very nice, intelligent, worked her way through college, has a good job and a stable relationship, and is working in some great community service activities.

Yet they don't have much involvement with the third good kid because, well, she's a lesbian and they can't get it through their narrow little minds that there isn't anything wrong with that, and their beliefs and bible thumping friends making them feel bad about it means they are missing a what could be a great part of their life. Somehow the deadbeats are OK to include in the family but not the upstanding good person who happens to love the "wrong" person.

Makes me sad to see what should be a good relationship disrupted by Bronze Age tribal superstitious beliefs. There is definitely a cost to this nonsense.

HawgJawl

One branch of my in-laws in Alabama has 3 kids. One kid is a perpetual drunk and has been in and out of prison most of his life. One has been married 4 times and has had a succession of kids since the age of 17. He can't support himself and still lives at home with his current girlfriend at age 40. The third child is very nice, intelligent, worked her way through college, has a good job and a stable relationship, and is working in some great community service activities.

Yet they don't have much involvement with the third good kid because, well, she's a lesbian and they can't get it through their narrow little minds that there isn't anything wrong with that, and their beliefs and bible thumping friends making them feel bad about it means they are missing a what could be a great part of their life. Somehow the deadbeats are OK to include in the family but not the upstanding good person who happens to love the "wrong" person.

Makes me sad to see what should be a good relationship disrupted by Bronze Age tribal superstitious beliefs. There is definitely a cost to this nonsense.

Amen!

The parents and their "bible thumping" peers choose to support the 2 trees with the most bad fruit and sin and choose to ostracize the one with the most good fruit and one "sin" all based upon the fear of negative public perception.

Last edited:

gtparts

Sounds like they all need the love of Christ.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Amen!

The parents and their "bible thumping" peers choose to support the 2 trees with the most bad fruit and sin and choose to ostracize the one with the most good fruit and one "sin" all based upon the fear of negative public perception.

I agree.

/

Jeffriesw

Sodom and Gomorrah

In both the Old and New Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation, male and female homosexuality is condemned as an unnatural, abominable, vile perversion.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death" (Leviticus 20:13, RSV).

Presbyterians, Protestants, Episcopals, Lutherans, United Church of Christ and the United Methodist Church have all stated tolerance for this chosen lifestyle. Some welcome them as part of their membership and in some cases perform marriages or allow for them to become pastors or church leadership.

I.E. http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...oley?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dcb12129acfa58b,0

When God first placed human beings on this earth he placed Adam and Eve. That is cut and dry.
I do not believe there is any grey area of the bible, as stated above it is an abomination period. I don't believe it states anything about tolerance or political correctness, in regards to gay and lesbian relations.

Why is it that some of the Christian religions in the United States have chosen to go against the bible to tolerate the 2% of the population that has chosen to be gay or lesbian?

Are there any Christian denominations that follow the bible's definition?:huh:

Almost all denominations from baptist to lutheran that I can think of off hand have experienced apostasy in this or other area's. It all starts with the denial of scriptural inerrancy and authority.