Cinnamon chanterelles?

bradleyjanes06

Saw these and thought they looked like chanterelles. In Washington co. Ga. Didn't pick any other then the one for a picture.20190706_112532.jpg

Attachments

• 20190706_112535.jpg
    20190706_112535.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 10

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Those are cinnabars. They`re good, but it`s recommended they be cooked before eating.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those cinnibar chants are good, but it takes a bunch to make a mess.

And like Nic said, never eat any mushroom raw.

A: they're pretty much completely indigestable raw, and
B: many species that are perfectly safe to eat cooked can be toxic raw. Morels are a great example. There have been a lot of people that have gotten good and sick from eating raw morels. A well-known chef that should have known better got in some hot water a few years ago by putting raw morels in salads and a whole bunch of people got sick.

bradleyjanes06

Thanks guys I'm trying to learn them because I would love to collect and eat them but also don't enough to try haha. There were many and they were all tiny so I left them there to grow haha. Next time I see some I will pick them really want to try them.

Looks like a cinnabar to me too. On eating raw mushrooms, I would advise against it. A good friend of mine once decided it would be a good idea to eat raw Hen of the Woods dipped in soy sauce. He was ok the day after, but the night before he thought he was gonna die he was so sick. :ROFLMAO: