Cleared out a fishing spot

Baroque Brass

Since we moved here five years ago, I’ve enjoyed fishing this part of the creek but trees were growing out over the water and made fishing difficult. Today I finally cut and removed the trees and look forward to fishing it. As much as I hate that those massive trees fell a few weeks ago, they’ve kinda created some backing water where I hope bream will bed. Me and the chain saw almost fell in the creek one time but I kept my balance, luckily.
6019F743-AD19-4AB4-A6AF-79DE8E471177.jpegEDA7CAEA-A7C4-47D2-BCDB-C5E73BD42574.jpeg

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There you go…..

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Man, I sure hope you got all the necessary permitting before working in a wetland area.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have a fill in the blank do your own permit form.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Did you fix the resolution problem? Pix look better now. Is there something I can do on my end?
When you attach the file the words insert and full image appear select those and you get the larger high def pic. You can do this with multiple pics as well. The tools are below the pics.

DF624C7F-8D99-4B5A-ACFB-AE900225C38E.png

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
According to the .Gov, probably yes. For that reason my post was made in jest. I see the humor but everyone doesn't and I had prior warning.

I drove by a cousin's dairy farm and he had a track hoe in a spring head digging out and daming up a small holding pond. I drove over greeted him and made a similar comment except that I used the name of the Obomanation in it. I had to listen to a full two minutes of profanity before we could chuckle about it.

Baroque Brass

I assumed you meant it in jest but with all the government overreach you have to have permits for lots of ridiculous reasons.

Toliver

Having the permit depends on if its your private land or public land correct?
No. It depends on whether you are disturbing the channel or the soil around it. I've seen people nearly bankrupted by the fines that come with messing with creeks. One in particular, the creek was washing away the ground near a guy's house. He took a bobcat and redirected the water away from his house. About 50 feet of redirection and he took a beating for trying to save his house.

Baroque Brass

When I built a pond years ago I was told that if work involved a named creek then permission had to be obtained through DNR. Mine was more of a marshy bottom with a spring that could’ve been considered wetland. I called DNR and was asked if I could ride a four wheeler through it. I said I could, he said construction of the pond could proceed. No one even looked at it.

Toliver

I am certainly no authority on this matter but I imagine the rule book is about 4 feet thick and probably changes depending on who you ask and who is asking but it's my understanding that building a pond is different than just screwing with the creek or the buffer around it. Much of it has to do with sediment A pond will catch sediment as it settles to the bottom. All I know is that not all the rules of private property apply to waterways and if I were to decide to do something with the little creek on my place, I wouldn't advertise it on a public forum. I wouldn't think though that cutting some overhanging trees to clear a path would be an issue, but who knows.

Core Lokt

Hec, you are supposed to pull a permit to change a lavatory (toilet) in your house in my county.

I'm calling now...

Wander who is gonna fine Mother Nature for them trees falling over and tearing up the ground causing more silt backing of water and debris from flow restrictions due to trees being in the water ? Don’t sweat that stuff man you didn’t cut no dang trees down you cleaned up storm or water damage causing the trees to fall and block the river