CLEMSON, OHIO STATE, MICHIGAN AND FLORIDA STATE REPORTEDLY INTERESTED IN JOINING SEC

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
You mean teams like Akron and Tulsa on Ohio State's schedule this season? Maybe Florida Atlantic or Tulane or Miami of Ohio? OSU has played these in the last couple of seasons. All power 5 teams schedule rent a wins. If you are in any power 5 conference OTHER than the SEC most of your schedule is against what amounts to rent a wins....and you still schedule rent a win teams. What happens to those schools and programs? Many of them cease to exist. Some manage to hand on in a much smaller environment.
Those are group of 5 teams. I’m referring to teams like Murray state and Austin peay. Since the sec schedules fcs teams I’d like to see them schedule North Dakota state. @Coenen is familiar with them

GTMODawg

BANNED
Those are group of 5 teams. I’m referring to teams like Murray state and Austin peay. Since the sec schedules fcs teams I’d like to see them schedule North Dakota state. @Coenen is familiar with them

North Dakota State would get whipped by 6-7 TDs playing almost the entirety of the SEC.

The big 10 does not play FCS programs because were they to do so their SOS would be such that making the playoff with one loss would be impossible thus allowing 2 SEC teams into the big dance. SEC teams could play pop warner teams and still have the SOS that the playoff committee is looking for when selecting playoff worthy teams.

Big 10 schools should find a way to be competitive with middle of the pack SEC teams before they go about bragging about their group of 5 versus FCS opponents. Of course they can't find a way to do so and thus must pretend they are in the same league as the SEC...

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
North Dakota State would get whipped by 6-7 TDs playing almost the entirety of the SEC.

The big 10 does not play FCS programs because were they to do so their SOS would be such that making the playoff with one loss would be impossible thus allowing 2 SEC teams into the big dance. SEC teams could play pop warner teams and still have the SOS that the playoff committee is looking for when selecting playoff worthy teams.

Big 10 schools should find a way to be competitive with middle of the pack SEC teams before they go about bragging about their group of 5 versus FCS opponents. Of course they can't find a way to do so and thus must pretend they are in the same league as the SEC...
????thanks for the laugh this morning. You obviously don’t know ND state. They would give ANY sec team all they could handle.

GTMODawg

BANNED
????thanks for the laugh this morning. You obviously don’t know ND state. They would give ANY sec team all they could handle.

In 2019 Vegas would have placed NDSU at a 40 or more point disadvantage against Alabama, UGA, UF, LSU and TAM.

That same year they would have been 27.5 point under dogs to Auburn, a 19.5 point underdog to Mississippi State and a 16 point dog to South Carolina....at any point in the season. They would have been less than 2 score underdogs against the rest of the SEC. That in and of itself is extremely impressive.

Those states come from a couple of different gambling sites.....I doubt if linking them would be allowed here but if you are interested you can google it and find them.

NDSU is an excellent football program. They do not have the horses to play in the SEC, period. I seriously doubt anyone beyond players remotely associated with the program (not fans) would argue that they could hang with the SEC. It would be akin to Alabama playing a middle of the pack NFL team or the best high school football team in the country playing Vanderbilt....it is not going to work out well for the under dog in those games.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You'll be left pining for the days of OSU's hot rivalry with Youngstown State. My heart bleeds.

That left a mark. :bounce:

bullgator

I just bumped the SOS thread back to the top so you could catch up to speed on who has the toughest schedules.
Big 10 and OSU fans need to stop shooting themselves in the foot or we’re going to have to put on a GON blood drive before the season ever starts.

GTMODawg

BANNED
I just bumped the SOS thread back to the top so you could catch up to speed on who has the toughest schedules.
Big 10 and OSU fans need to stop shooting themselves in the foot or we’re going to have to put on a GON blood drive before the season ever starts.

The SEC is only a little bit tougher and a little bit quicker and a little bit more talented than the Big 10 or any other CFB conference. Just a little bit....it ain't a difference between night and day....its only enough difference to allow the SEC to DOMINATE CFB. Seriously....Big 10 fans, players and coaches have all said something to this effect in the past.....only to have those subtle differences manifest themselves in yet another loss to an SEC team, time and time again.....

Coenen

That left a mark. :bounce:
I have to admit, that return jab about NDSU landed pretty squarely.

The Bison would probably hang with a few of the teams on the lower end of the conference. The top teams would beat them badly, but it's not as if they don't do that to the majority of their opponents already.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Meh. He thinks NDSU is "competition". I had never even heard of NDSU. I'm even more surprised to hear they have a football program and it's competitive.:bounce:

Coenen

Meh. He thinks NDSU is "competition". I had never even heard of NDSU. I'm even more surprised to hear they have a football program and it's competitive.:bounce:
They've dominated FCS for most of the last decade, including a win against my alma mater in the FCS 'Ship several years ago. Good memory on him to take a jab at that wound.

They've also got some FBS notches in their belt. Good program, good team. Think of 'em like a South GA high school team, a lot of big strong farm boys on that team that like nothing more than whupping up on the flashy "city boys".

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
They've dominated FCS for most of the last decade, including a win against my alma mater in the FCS 'Ship several years ago. Good memory on him to take a jab at that wound.

They've also got some FBS notches in their belt. Good program, good team. Think of 'em like a South GA high school team, a lot of big strong farm boys on that team that like nothing more than whupping up on the flashy "city boys".
There’s a reason most big10 teams wouldn’t schedule them when they still scheduled fcs teams. They can reach out and embarrass some good programs.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I haven’t said anything about SOS that’s fodder for journalists. Preseason SOS matters even less

bullgator

I haven’t said anything about SOS that’s fodder for journalists. Preseason SOS matters even less
Then why worry about what teams the SEC schedules?
Oh, can you circle back to my post #66.

GTMODawg

BANNED

The Bison would probably hang with a few of the teams on the lower end of the conference. The top teams would beat them badly, but it's not as if they don't do that to the majority of their opponents already.

NDSU is an excellent program. At their level they are about as good as it gets. Georgia Southern has them beat as far as dynasties at that level but they are still very good.

They are 9-3 against FBS teams in their history. Those FBS teams have a combined record for the years they lost to NDSU of 43 and 69. All but three of those FBS teams had losing records (They have beaten Minnesota twice with Minnesota rocking a 4 - 20 record during that period LOL). Their biggest upset was 8-5 Iowa in 2016. #20 Florida beat that Iowa team 30-3 in a bowl game. NDUS beat Iowa 23-21. ALL of the games they have won against FBS opponents were played on or before the second game of the season. Most were opening day games. A long time to prepare. NDSU might hand around with Vandy on a good day for the Bison. Everyone else in the SEC beats them by at least 14 99% of the time they played.

They have beaten a Big 10 team twice though LOL. Gotta love the Big 10 LOL.....