Climbing Sticks

menhadenman

Change the cables out to chain on your platforms . Have had a few break I went to replaying cable with chain no worries now. Also use a chain around the top of my lock on . Squirrels chew ratchet straps bad and if it’s going to stay in the tree for a long period of time the tree will grow and weaken your straps. Chain makes me feel a lot safer.
Any preference on chain style/size?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Just picked up some hang on stands from campfire… do guys even mess with screw in steps anymore?

The only problem with screw in steps is you have to remember to back them out a little bit after the end of the season. Otherwise the "glue" will set up and the tree will grow around them.

Long Cut

For pre sets I love these.

The 20’ stackable sticks are good I own 6 sets of those but they’re a burden to setup, especially by yourself.

IMO for speed and simplicity the individual sticks are my flavor personally

Hillbilly stalker

For pre sets I love these.

The 20’ stackable sticks are good I own 6 sets of those but they’re a burden to setup, especially by yourself.

IMO for speed and simplicity the individual sticks are my flavor personally
I’ve had 2 different types of those, neither were made by muddy. One was built by Strongbuilt ( steel version) and were pretty cheap. The other were aluminum built by a company endorsed by Ralph and Vickie C ?….Italian last name, they had a hunting show. They are the easiest , strongest and quiet by far wichever brand you go with. Sportsman’s guide always have great deals on them this time of year. I also had one that was a 4 pieces12-15 foot tall that connected like a ladder that were handy. They stood approx 4 inches from the tree.