Close "Canebrake" Call

AllAmerican

Well what can I say. Everyone venturing in the woods be on the lookout at all times, they (venomous snakes) are where you least expect them.

This one happened to be right by my truck door, in the dark, walked right by this joker. I started my truck from standing in the dirt, I heard hissing and rattling, I actually thought my truck was acting up. It totally caught me off guard.

Thankfully I had reinforcements to help me with the viper. It's ironic because I just changed from my snake boots into "tennis shoes"(sneakers). The snake was extremely aggressive performing unprovoked strikes. I was lucky that I didn't get tagged.

Please be SAFE, WATCH OUT for the snakes.:flag:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:

Knee Deep

That's a big en, glad he didn't get ya. After I heard where he was, all I could think about is my boy walking around out there in the dark. ::;

SELFBOW

That's a big en, glad he didn't get ya. After I heard where he was, all I could think about is my boy walking around out there in the dark. ::;

All those kids were there Fri night for the movies too. It definitely made me realize i need to be looking all the time out there...

AllAmerican

Skin about 4.5'

Canebrake Skin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 521

Al33

Wow, that would have given me the willies for sure!:eek: Glad you got him John and hope you get another for your other limb but in a much safer fashion.

Jake Allen

Darn close man! Glad things turned out okay.

Todd Cook

I love hunting there, no doubt. But dang I run into one of those rascals every time I go down there. But Lord willing, I'll go back. Glad you didn't get got!

AllAmerican

Wow, that would have given me the willies for sure!:eek: Glad you got him John and hope you get another for your other limb but in a much safer fashion.

Thanks Al, Jeff, and Todd. I appreciate it.

I actually have another one I've been saving for a year I bought down @ SGT.

Check out this pic SAWTOOTH sent me. He said it was bigger than the one in that picture I'm holding.

That's two encounters in about the last few hours of the day. Those things smell too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 293