Clubs are staying Full !

frankwright

I think you are right.
I think if you want to be in a club, most are willing to pay what it cost anymore and it is getting crazy.
But it is what we do for recreation and I would be miserable without it.
If it means putting back a couple of hundred every month to join a club , many will do it.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I think I’m about done with a hunting club . I’m am very fortunate to have some private land to hunt but I like to explore .
I think I’m gonna travel the state and spend most of my time in a tree on public this next season .
Some of my lease sold and they went up $3 an acre on what we have left and honestly I’m just tired of dealing with it .

Wanderlust

I think I’m about done with a hunting club . I’m am very fortunate to have some private land to hunt but I like to explore .
I think I’m gonna travel the state and spend most of my time in a tree on public this next season .
Some of my lease sold and they went up $3 an acre on what we have left and honestly I’m just tired of dealing with it .
Been doing that for a long time now.
Don't miss all the drama at all

Swamprat

Swamprat
Some areas of public are less pressured than a $2500 a year lease.

But KMac is right, a lot of lookers but few openings.

slow motion

Some good hunting on Ga. public for sure but I'll offer this. Once you let the opportunity go you may not get it back. Could lead to something better but it could be worse. I'm thinking you'll get several pms from people wanting the inside track on what you're walking away from. Careful what you wish for. Good luck brother.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I am a very happy club member. Our club is always full. We have a wait list and the last two years no vacancies.

We have almost no drama and I share 1235 ac with seven other guys. I honestly like everyone, and i am friends with most of them. All of us are local, within 25 miles of lease. We have a single “check out board” and we all follow rules and enjoy the property.

I never worry about my property being stolen, my truck molested, or any outside influences on my hunt. We all lock the gate behind us. 90% of the time i don't even hear anyone else (truck driving in or atv) when hunting. I have never seen anyone walking in or “still hunting” past me. If i get in trouble i can call fellow club members to help me. At night we make sure everyone gets outa the woods safely.

Money well spent.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

I think inflation in lease prices is to be expected. Cost of ownership of property has certainly increased.
Has your salary increased since you joined the lease?

Like Slow says above, how certain is that private tract ?
Even family land has to be sold sometimes.

EDH

I got very lucky last year and found a small tract for my son and I to hunt. I had been looking for several years before I found a place after losing my other club after it was sold. The lease already went up this year from last but I don’t see letting it go. I feel fortunate to find something in Georgia.

riprap

Hunting is slowly becoming a rich man's game. It's all about the antlers. Leases are going out of sight. The state needs to start limiting the amount of out of state licenses. Florida guys are ruthless and landowners are becoming so greedy. They need a stiff tax over what it takes to cover their property tax. They act like we need to preserve hunting for future generations. I guess that's for those who can afford $3500 clubs. We lost our lease of 20+ years and didn't get a chance to counter offer. Birthday parties, friendships, quality time, all the work in stands me and my kids can hunt together, spending money in small town economies... all coming to an end.

riprap

I am a very happy club member. Our club is always full. We have a wait list and the last two years no vacancies.

We have almost no drama and I share 1235 ac with seven other guys. I honestly like everyone, and i am friends with most of them. All of us are local, within 25 miles of lease. We have a single “check out board” and we all follow rules and enjoy the property.

I never worry about my property being stolen, my truck molested, or any outside influences on my hunt. We all lock the gate behind us. 90% of the time i don't even hear anyone else (truck driving in or atv) when hunting. I have never seen anyone walking in or “still hunting” past me. If i get in trouble i can call fellow club members to help me. At night we make sure everyone gets outa the woods safely.

Money well spent.
We had the same thing until we didn't.

Gator89

Until someone comes in and offers the owner an offer they can't refuse

We survived what would be considered such an offer last year.

We are the first the owner has ever leased to and we have worked hard to build a relationship of trust and friendship.

It has worked well so far. The club has been on the land 7 seasons, I have been a member 4.

When Hurricane Michael hit the area a few years back, club members went up and assisted the landowner in cleaning up the aftermath.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Florida hunters are not the problem and not going to go down that rabbit hole again. It is the landowners who make the decision on whether to accept more money or just say "naw" I am happy with the group on the property.

$2500 and up per year per member does not even phase a Central or South Florida Hunter where it costs you $8000 per member and up to get a decent lease.

Where I am at in the Panhandle prices are decent but have steadily crept up and a lot of the good leases are by word of mouth or invite to join. Very few ads posted.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I think inflation in lease prices is to be expected. Cost of ownership of property has certainly increased.
Has your salary increased since you joined the lease?

Like Slow says above, how certain is that private tract ?
Even family land has to be sold sometimes.
Yes my salary has increased . And while money plays a factor in about everything we do it’s not about the money . I may be searching for a lease in a couple years and may end up joining one this season if the right spot opens up .
And the private property is guaranteed for a while I’m sure . I think I’m just really wanting to explore some new spots . I’ve never been one to sit in a box stand more than a couple times looking at the same thing no matter how many deer I see .

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Hunting is slowly becoming a rich man's game. It's all about the antlers. Leases are going out of sight. The state needs to start limiting the amount of out of state licenses. Florida guys are ruthless and landowners are becoming so greedy. They need a stiff tax over what it takes to cover their property tax. They act like we need to preserve hunting for future generations. I guess that's for those who can afford $3500 clubs. We lost our lease of 20+ years and didn't get a chance to counter offer. Birthday parties, friendships, quality time, all the work in stands me and my kids can hunt together, spending money in small town economies... all coming to an end.

More laws and taxes ain’t the solution.

Latest posts