Coach Orgeron Farewell Tour coming to an end

James12

Certainly not saying it will be LSU, but you are crazy if you think Dan Lanning is not going to be a head coach somewhere next year. It's the reason Mushchamp was brought in to be the next DC. I even bet Lanning will get multiple offers. Whether he is ready or not, time will tell, but the money and the job offers will be there. No doubt

And he may and probably will. But I think he should be a coordinator for a bit longer like Kirby was.

Question, when Lanning leaves, will UGA’s D look any different?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

James12

It’s really a compliment to CKS, and not so much a slight to Lanning. I’m sure the players love that dude and are all in. Just think he needs to standalone a bit more before leaping to a major university job. He’s under Kirby like he was under the GOAT. Think he’s in a good place. But I ain’t no coach. He may be the greatest next coach.

Last edited:

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I read, didn't see anyone say it (could have been in a linky), that coach O hit on a pregnant wife of a LSU high up at a gas station.

kingfish

Heard that and also heard on sports talk that Coach O said that if they didn't pay him the balance of the contract his law suit against the university would blow the top off all the dirty laundry basket. It just gets uglier by the minute.

FootLongDawg

It’s really a compliment to CKS, and not so much a slight to Lanning. I’m sure the players love that dude and are all in. Just think he needs to standalone a bit more before leaping to a major university job. He’s under Kirby like he was under the GOAT. Think he’s in a good place. But I ain’t no coach. He may be the greatest next coach.

It will be just too much money to turn down. Between the base salary, the perks, the endorsement money, and if he doesn't succeed, the mind boggling buy out clauses coaches get these days, he has to strike while the iron is hot so to speak. Baring some sort of catastrophe, he is going to be the winner of assistant coach of the year. This defense is the talk of the country, and elsewhere Lanning is perceived as the guru, even though we UGA fans know of Kirby's footprint. He will be an easy sell to the fan base of whichever team hires him.. AD'S love that.

James12

It will be just too much money to turn down. Between the base salary, the perks, the endorsement money, and if he doesn't succeed, the mind boggling buy out clauses coaches get these days, he has to strike while the iron is hot so to speak. Baring some sort of catastrophe, he is going to be the winner of assistant coach of the year. This defense is the talk of the country, and elsewhere Lanning is perceived as the guru, even though we UGA fans know of Kirby's footprint. He will be an easy sell to the fan base of whichever team hires him.. AD'S love that.

Great point about the money. But I highly doubt anyone looking at Georgia’s D is thinking Lanning is the guru in it all.