Cold, Windy, Big Woods Cohutta WMA Tom

jbogg

Way to get it done again! Did you guys have Red Oaks dropping at higher elevations this year? I haven’t found sign of any birds up high over this way.

Buckman18

Great Job, Whitetailfreak!

herb mcclure

Man-o- man, Whitetailfreak that's the best turkey hunt I have enjoy relating too. You are the man now, who hunts the way I once did. Even though it was windy yesterday morning; you got out and made the contacts; until you needed to leave. Then, in the mid-twenties this morning, you braved the cold, to seal the deal. My hats off to you for your great hunting, and for where you like to hunt. herb mcclure

Rabun

Wow...I think you need to change your screen name and avatar...Congratulations x 2

whitetailfreak

Man-o- man, Whitetailfreak that's the best turkey hunt I have enjoy relating too. You are the man now, who hunts the way I once did. Even though it was windy yesterday morning; you got out and made the contacts; until you needed to leave. Then, in the mid-twenties this morning, you braved the cold, to seal the deal. My hats off to you for your great hunting, and for where you like to hunt. herb mcclure

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Herb.

six

Well done!

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic! Congrats on a well earned bird!

JMB

Hey fellas, with all of this posting about where you’re killing, do we want to take up a collection for signs on how to get to Cohutta?

whitetailfreak

jbogg

I drove over to Cohutta for the first time ever a couple of weekends ago just to get the lay of the land and do a little walking. Absolutely beautiful country and I could not get over the size of the place. If you combined Chattahoochee, Chestatee, swallows creek, and Coopers Creek you would have Cohutta. Pretty sure there is no risk of it becoming overcrowded anytime soon.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats on a beautiful well earned gobbler !