Colt Bringing Back The 3 Inch Python

bullgator

Nice. If I didn’t have a 3” model 65 I might have to take a look.

Reactions: Dub

Ball of fire out the end of that one for sure.

Last edited:

GunnSmokeer

To me, a Python's not a carry gun.
Not a "glove box gun" either.

It's a range and hunting gun.

I'd only be interested in one with a 6 inch or 8 inch barrel. And since I already have a 6 inch barrel Smith & Wesson .357...

... I'll stay out of the Python market until they release an 8 inch.

Balrog

3" Pythons have always been hard to find and generally people wanted a lot more for them than a 4" or 6", so even though I really wanted one, I never got one. I am kind of over it now, and don't have enough interest in it to even take a look. From what I have heard, the new Pythons aren't the same as they were in the 70s.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
3" Pythons have always been hard to find and generally people wanted a lot more for them than a 4" or 6", so even though I really wanted one, I never got one. I am kind of over it now, and don't have enough interest in it to even take a look. From what I have heard, the new Pythons aren't the same as they were in the 70s.

I wanted a 3" .357 and looked for a Colt or S&W, but prices were crazy on the few I saw.

Wound up buying a new GP100 Wiley Clapp, and I am very happy with it.

Itch scratched.

Dub

To me, a Python's not a carry gun.
Not a "glove box gun" either.

It's a range and hunting gun.

I'd only be interested in one with a 6 inch or 8 inch barrel. And since I already have a 6 inch barrel Smith & Wesson .357...

... I'll stay out of the Python market until they release an 8 inch.

Thats where the Anaconda really shines.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Great to hear the lack of interest is thick, maybe I will find one below MSRP.

And what is this nonsense about having one 3 inch revolver precluding the need/want for another?

Thanks to the Rona shots I have three hands and need a Python for each one.

If they do a Night Python, I'll be a player...

Doez'at make ya feel better?

Dub

Great to hear the lack of interest is thick, maybe I will find one below MSRP.

And what is this nonsense about having one 3 inch revolver precluding the need/want for another?

Thanks to the Rona shots I have three hands and need a Python for each one.

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Robert28

I wanted a 3" .357 and looked for a Colt or S&W, but prices were crazy on the few I saw.

Wound up buying a new GP100 Wiley Clapp, and I am very happy with it.

Itch scratched.
Yeah I know what you mean. I’d been keeping my eye open for the perfect .357 to catch my eye but either they were too expensive or I just couldn’t find what I wanted. Actually ended up with a .357 that I never even considered before I came across it. An old Ruger police service six with the 4” barrel. Saw it in a local gun shop in the used case just sitting there. It had been shot A LOT, so much so that the cylinder wouldn’t freely spin, the residue buildup all over the gun was unreal. I’m not kidding when I say I bet it had never been cleaned and had 1000 rounds or more through it. But it was still tight, seemed to function fine when I played with it in the store. I asked how much and the guy said “oh that? I’ll let you have that for $400. People pick it up but it never sells.” I was sold. Took it home and broke it down completely (super easy gun to break down btw) and soaked it overnight and cleaned it up. She’s a tank and she’s got a new life now, best $400 I ever spent on a gun that was never even on my radar but I’m glad I came across it.

Stroker

Thats where the Anaconda really shines.
Got a Anaconda and a 629, the Anaconda is a safe queen due to a terrible trigger. Had a couple of Pythons many years ago, sold them all during a divorce. I would take a used 3 inch S&W 19 or 686 over the new Python.

fauxferret

yep never will be all the gunsmiths that built the originals are dead or retired. Before they got bought out they had like 3 smiths doing all the SAA revolvers. They simplified the mechanism for mass production time will tell if the CZ buyout will truly resurrect Colt.