Concert Tickets...What Are You Buying?

slow motion

Was a great show even though I was wayyyyy older than most of the audience.
20240412_182034.jpg
Interesting fella at the rodeo before the concerts started. Sash said backwoods Barbie. His can koozie was a pink cowboy boot.20240412_143050.jpg

Hardy apparently is quite conservative. Said "he wanted to release his song Red, for obvious reasons, as a single since its election year."20240412_223909.jpg20240412_224124.jpg

Gator89

Saw Silverada (formerly Mike & The Moonpies) with Tony Logue and The 184 2 weeks ago at Skipper's in Tampa.

Dale Watson and his Lone Stars are coming to Skipper's 5/31/24.
Sunny Sweeny in June @ Skiper's.

Then the BIG ONE, Whitey Morgan & the 78's and Cody Jinks in Raleigh, NC.

We have a niece in Raleigh, she and her hubs are going with us to the show.

slow motion

Saw Silverada (formerly Mike & The Moonpies) with Tony Logue and The 184 2 weeks ago at Skipper's in Tampa.

Then the BIG ONE, Whitey Morgan & the 78's and Cody Jinks in Raleigh, NC.

We have a niece in Raleigh, she and her hubs are going with us to the show.
Whitey Morgan and Cody Jinks should be great shows.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Daughter got me tickets to see Chris knight at eddies attic in May for my birthday !!

Last edited:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster

That's a fun spot. I used to live a few miles up Bruce B Downs from there.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Just bought tickets to Jeff Lyn's ELO in October at State Farm

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Was a great show even though I was wayyyyy older than most of the audience.
View attachment 1300069
Interesting fella at the rodeo before the concerts started. Sash said backwoods Barbie. His can koozie was a pink cowboy boot.View attachment 1300068

Hardy apparently is quite conservative. Said "he wanted to release his song Red, for obvious reasons, as a single since its election year."View attachment 1300071View attachment 1300072
Saw Hardy at the Tabernacle, it was a great show. I was the old guy in the crowd.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Really getting into Bluegrass lately. In particular, I like the style of the Steeldrivers back when they had Stapleton. Blue Moon Rising, Three Tall Pines, any of that style. Would like to go see a good bluegrass concert.
Check out Sturgill Simpson’s bluegrass stuff. Specifically his streamed performance at the Rhyman during covidiocy.

Don’t ignore the kings of the genre like Bill Monroe, The Stanley Brothers, and Jimmy Martin.

People that say they like bluegrass and listen to the Avett Brothers and Mandolin Orange are to be avoided at all costs.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I mean he goes through some band members. That guy on bass is the only one that seems like he stays with him. Where was this?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Check out Sturgill Simpson’s bluegrass stuff. Specifically his streamed performance at the Rhyman during covidiocy.

Don’t ignore the kings of the genre like Bill Monroe, The Stanley Brothers, and Jimmy Martin.

People that say they like bluegrass and listen to the Avett Brothers and Mandolin Orange are to be avoided at all costs.
My dad is a bluegrass junky! Won’t listen to anything else. He likes Bill Monroe, Ricky Skaggs, Lester Flat & Earl Scruggs, Doyle Lawson, Rhonda Vincent, to name a few. I’m not a bluegrass fan, but they sound good. He also likes Del McCoury, but I’d rather listen to two tom cats fighting than to listen to Dell. Most annoying voice I’ve ever heard. He sounds like a dirt dauber done flew up his nose and packed it full of mud. :bounce:

I got him a steaming device a few months ago and showed him YouTube and YouTube Music, and he’s really enjoying that. This family has a lot of gospel music on there that he found, and they sound good. Those young girls can play.

You may not care for them, but here’s the link if you want to check them out.