Congrats, Florida!!!!

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
You lost to a 3-5 LSU team and only dropped ONE spot in the CFB rankings. :huh:
Bama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Iowa State, Florida, Georgia, Cincinnati and Oklahoma round out the top 10.

James12

Ohio State is the better team via the eyeball I suppose, but how in the world are they ranked higher than A&M?

bullgator

Not surprising when you look behind us and see who they had to choose from....
:wink:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
My theory is this:
The pre-season rankings and "eye test" count A LOT MORE than the CFB Committee wants to admit.
The Buckeyes were pre-season #3. BIG10 cancels season, OSU disappears from rankings. BIG10 decides to play after all and OSU re-emerges at #6 in polls. Georgia and Florida lose and Buckeyes move up despite being 4-6 games behind other conferences in starting season. Covid cancels/postpones/extends games and season but committee says nothing during all this. I think they were hoping the BIG10 would bail them out of this AND they did. BIG10 rescinds mandatory minimum games played to participate post season, committee leaves them at #3, so they are in. Yes, they played only one team with a winning record and four with 2 and 4 records, but the powers that be never penalized them or had a plan in what to do and made it up as they went.

Last edited:

Madsnooker

Ohio State is the better team via the eyeball I suppose, but how in the world are they ranked higher than A&M?

*Lost by 28 to Bama
*Has a win against 1 ranked team that just lost a totally embarrassing game to LSU
*Escaped with a 5point win against Vandy:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
*Will have fewer ranked wins than OSU after this weekend
*Will have only played 2 more games than OSU after this weekend

OSU would run A&M off the field!!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My theory is this:
The pre-season rankings and "eye test" count A LOT MORE than the CFB Committee wants to admit.
The Buckeyes were pre-season #3. BIG10 cancels season, OSU disappears from rankings. BIG10 decides to play after all and OSU re-emerges at #6 in polls. Georgia and Florida lose and Buckeyes move up despite being 4-6 games behind other conferences in starting season. Covid cancels/postpones/extends games and season but committee says nothing during all this. I think they were hoping the BIG10 would bail them out of this AND they did. BIG10 rescinds mandatory minimum games played to participate post season, committee leaves them at #3, so they are in. Yes, they played only one team with a winning record and four with 2 and 4 records, but the powers that be never penalized them or had a plan in what to do and made it up as they went.

Let the coronation begin!

bullgator

*Lost by 28 to Bama
*Has a win against 1 ranked team that just lost a totally embarrassing game to LSU
*Escaped with a 5point win against Vandy:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
*Will have fewer ranked wins than OSU after this weekend
*Will have only played 2 more games than OSU after this weekend

OSU would run A&M off the field!!!!!
aTm played a full SEC schedule. OSU drives blindfolded through a Big 1+9 schedule. Y’all always look good on paper, but not so much when you have to play southern teams.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Actually, LSU was outplayed by a very average UF team except for UF throwing picks inside the 10 yd line, making bonehead penalties. UF had over 200 yds more offense. LSU is bad any way you want to slice it.
Comprehend what you read. He said Lsu was playing "better" with a change at QB. He's absolutely right. He didn't say Lsu should be top 5 now with the new kid. They would have lost by 30 with the other 2 that have started.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Actually.... Florida if you think about it is a lot like osu this yr. Good qb... Good receivers.... Better than average backs..... Turrible defense. I guess that equates to an average team.

Madsnooker

Ok they a
Comprehend what you read. He said Lsu was playing "better" with a change at QB. He's absolutely right. He didn't say Lsu should be top 5 now with the new kid. They would have lost by 30 with the other 2 that have started.
Ok, they are slightly better than horrible because of the new Freshman QB. :wink:

Madsnooker

Actually.... Florida if you think about it is a lot like osu this yr. Good qb... Good receivers.... Better than average backs..... Turrible defense. I guess that equates to an average team.

OSU has a great QB and Great receivers and the defense is not Turrible. The defense has been dominant in first half of games then they start playing more second teamerd. The Dline is dominant even though they don't have a Chase Young. They have a stellar run defense. Dbacks are very young and it has shown. They are getting better but they do make me nervous at this point. Uf defense is not close to OSU defense.

Last edited:

Madsnooker

aTm played a full SEC schedule. OSU drives blindfolded through a Big 1+9 schedule. Y’all always look good on paper, but not so much when you have to play southern teams.
Stop with the full sec schedule stuff. A&M have played and beaten 1 ranked team this year. Call it what you want but thats the facts. Yes the BIG is bad this year but so is the SEC. After Bama you have 3 average teams then a whole bunch of DOGS that the 3 average teams have got a bunch of wins against and that is the facts.

bullgator

Stop with the full sec schedule stuff. A&M have played and beaten 1 ranked team this year. Call it what you want but thats the facts. Yes the BIG is bad this year but so is the SEC. After Bama you have 3 average teams then a whole bunch of DOGS that the 3 average teams have got a bunch of wins against and that is the facts.
Sounds like the average OSU season.......year in and year out.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
OSU has a great QB and Great receivers and the defense is not Turrible. The defense has been dominant in first half of games then they start playing more second teamerd. The Dline is dominant even though they don't have a Chase Young. They have a stellar run defense. Dbacks are very young and it has shown. They are getting better but they do make me nervous at this point. Uf defense is not close to OSU defense.
How do you know with who y'all have played? Serious question. Penn state scored 25 on y'all, Rutgers 27. Can't see either of those teams putting those numbers up on UF.