Congratulations go out to team 26!! 2008 Turkey challenge champs!

trailhunter

Team 32's 4th place team prize of mixed box calls (poplar, cedar, chinaberry) are now all in the mail.

The 2nd overall prize, the Brazilian Cherry/Chinaberry box call won by Shortstop, is also in the mail.

Handgunner

Way to go y'all!!!!

Will the members winning team please PM me your mailing address? I'll get your turkey totes out to ya as soon as I can!

Congrats again to all those that won!

dirtroad

Gone But Not Forgotten
Congrats to all.

Handgunner

Way to go y'all!!!!

Will the members winning team please PM me your mailing address? I'll get your turkey totes out to ya as soon as I can!

Congrats again to all those that won!
I made a mistake y'all.... The addresses I need are as follows..

Carp, TexWilliams, F14gunner..

TexWilliams, F14Gunner.. I already have your addresses. Thank you.

Carp, I'll need yours as well.

Sorry for the mix up y'all!!!

Arrow3

Looks like GaTrapper is the winner of the "first turkey" prize...

Trapper,

Pm dorkman for your prize...

turkeyed

Thanks to Arrow3 and everyone else envolved. It been a great year (probably one that I will not match anytime soon).

Gadget

Congrats to all the winners.

Wow......we got 16th with only three birds, expected to be down the leader board a little more.

I see the bow challenge is pick your own team this year.............Is the turkey challenge going the same route next year...:bounce:

Last edited:

sman

I'm with Gadget on the pick your own teams next year.

Not knocking my team. We finished 21st, with me taking all 3 of our birds. If next year is pick your own team mates, I'm sorry boys but y'all would take a beating by some Tattnall County boys. It would be an even worse beating if we made it 3 team members and 9 birds. I know me and TimberChicken would be spanking some booty.

That set up would definetly drop the number of teams, but those of us who are passionate about the sport would have a ball. I am grateful that we even had a competition but the way it runs now is completely luck of the draw. gadget and I were in the same boat, while our team members probably tried hard, they just couldn't get the ores in the water. Pick your own team mates next year and my boat is going to have twin 350 hp in board motors on a 10' john boat.:bounce:

F14Gunner

I'm with Gadget on the pick your own teams next year.

Not knocking my team. We finished 21st, with me taking all 3 of our birds. If next year is pick your own team mates, I'm sorry boys but y'all would take a beating by some Tattnall County boys. It would be an even worse beating if we made it 3 team members and 9 birds. I know me and TimberChicken would be spanking some booty.

That set up would definetly drop the number of teams, but those of us who are passionate about the sport would have a ball. I am grateful that we even had a competition but the way it runs now is completely luck of the draw. gadget and I were in the same boat, while our team members probably tried hard, they just couldn't get the ores in the water. Pick your own team mates next year and my boat is going to have twin 350 hp in board motors on a 10' john boat.:bounce:
I agree, about picking teams. In our club which is all family, we would like to hunt as a team next year.

brucemacgee19

we could do the pick your own teams.....I'd be down with that.

team 32 could stay intact

Last edited:

Dupree

It doesnt matter to me whether we make our own teams or not, we finished 7th, so Im not complaining. I would like to see it go to closest 1/16" on spurs next year.

Gadget

It doesnt matter to me whether we make our own teams or not, we finished 7th, so Im not complaining. I would like to see it go to closest 1/16" on spurs next year.

yeah I had to deduct on two of my birds, my 1 9/16 spurs had to be scored as 1 8/16. I think it would be better to round to the nearest 16th as well.

sman

yeah I had to deduct on two of my birds, my 1 9/16 spurs had to be scored as 1 8/16. I think it would be better to round to the nearest 16th as well.

Show off!!!!:mad: 1 9/16 You been using some of that Spur supplement stuff?

I had to round 2 of my birds also.

rutandstrut

I entered Three for my Team and all three were disqualified due to Pictures. These Three Birds scored close to 70 Points. No one else on our team entered a Bird. If I could Take Pictures and pick my own team, we would have been in the money! 120+