County Government Boss

Big7

The Oracle
Would a county in Georgia have a Chief Executive like what a city has in regard to a mayor?

I'm looking to go over the head of "the boss"- I recon you'd call them, over the youth athletics programs.

I realize this person may not necessarily be involved in the day- to- day operations of the various programs but I need to have an authority figure put a bug in a county ran youth softball organization director's ear.

My understanding is the program is operated on county money and want to speak with the person that dangles the purse strings.

Thanks In Advance For The Replies.

Toliver

Depends on the county. Some have a County CEO, some call them a county manager. There may be other terms. But as far as I know, as Duff said, commissioners are probably the highest level in the county. Usually a board of 5 with four commissioners and 1 Chairperson. Go to whomever oversees your district.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
You don’t say where, but this is the link for all things parks and recreation in Walton County.

Walton Parks and Rec.

greg_n_clayton

Here..in Rabun County....we have a county "Administrator".

earlthegoat2

County commissioner here is the top dog.

I think next in line for your issue would be the “director of parks and recreation” or something similar.