Coweta County updates

mwells353

Hunting in southern coweta. Definitely on track for this weekend to see some great activity. They are tending mock scrapes left and right on my spot. Have not seen larger mature bucks yet but the tracks are telling me there is some big ones cruising just need to see one in the daylight hours to verify.

Ace1313

Any word on what the rut is doing around the River towards Whitesburg? Headed up this weekend with a gung-ho 10 yr old and I just want him to let some walk waiting on a big one

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Any word on what the rut is doing around the River towards Whitesburg? Headed up this weekend with a gung-ho 10 yr old and I just want him to let some walk waiting on a big one

I'm just across the line in Heard, but in that same area. The bucks have been on their feet big time. Saw lots of deer last weekend, including 1 for sure shooter and 2 borderline bucks. Shooter never presented a shot. Every buck was by itself just cruising. Trail cams on scrapes have been super active as well. One particular scrape had 5-6 different bucks on it over the last 3 days. A couple of those were bucks I don't know.

The does I saw over the weekend didn't have bucks behind or with them (including the does on camera). I did see a doe yesterday evening and she was acting mighty funny and her hocks were super dark. I think this next 5-7 days may see some serious action.

Geeman

They are chasing and running does all over the woods. I been hunting all week in this area and have seen a ton of deer.

Biggeer

I hunted yesterday and today near Moreland. I saw plenty of deer, but no chasing or cruising. Scrapes haven’t been freshened either.

Curtis

Any word on Coweta? I hunt a small track north of Newnan. Generally wait until mid-to-late November to get out there with any consistency. Thinking maybe the time is right.