Coyote skull euro mount

menhadenman

I blasted a good sized coyote back in the mountains a few weeks ago. Kids were interested in a skull so I drug his rank self out, skinned him and boiled the skull along with a small buck.

I always use that arm and hammer super washing soda. Maybe one cup to the pot of boiling water. Gotta watch it closely tho it’ll eventually eat up the bone.

Rinsed it off, dried it, then used that peroxide paste for the first time. Stuff that women use for their hair. Cost about $9 on Amazon and I bet you could do a dozen skulls. Rubbed it on then let it sit overnight. Rinsed again, dried, then glued the jaw back together with JB weld. Used a little white paint after it dried so you couldn’t see the gray then sprayed it with some clear coat. Used a piece of paper plate to keep his mouth open.

Hacked a piece of oak firewood with my chainsaw then put it together with drywall screws. Came out pretty decent. Not sure I’d do it again but kids think it’s cool.

E9BDDE17-12C4-4831-996C-D59280BBE2C7.jpegB6F18F05-5401-42AF-9930-6FB05E3E0F97.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty cool!

jicard3

I agree with the kids. I think that's cool!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a great job, well done. Also impressed with the teeth on that animal.
We've got thousands of those running around everywhere over here, and they often run in packs. Luckily, they're generally not aggressive to people.

HermanMerman

Here’s the peroxide I mentioned -

Super Star Cream Peroxide Developer 40 Volume - 16 Oz
https://a.co/d/5c191HU

I use the exact same stuff and it works really well. The Asian ladies that run the beauty supply store tend to look at me a little weird when I walk in to grab a bottle.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s very nice. Appreciate you carrying us through the process you used and the link for the paste.