Dadgum....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Grilled lamb chops hit with some rosemary/garlic compound butter, roasted taters, asparagus, salad with homemade Greek dressing and such. Good eats.

lambchops.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks great! I’d take some schooling on how to season and cook lamb. I’ve tried it twice and it tastes like a tarsal gland smells from a full rut buck !
This tasted pretty much like a good ribeye steak with a slight hint of venison flavor. It was delicious. Just salt, pepper, and olive oil, grilled to medium rare. I put a dollop of some garlic/rosemary butter on it while it was resting.

ambush80

That looks great! I’d take some schooling on how to season and cook lamb. I’ve tried it twice and it tastes like a tarsal gland smells from a full rut buck !
How people taste things has a genetic component to it. Some people think cilantro tastes like soap. Some people are more sensitive to "swiney" flavor in pork and "gamey" flavor in certain meats. The flavor of some cured meats makes me gag, I don't care how much it costs per pound. Thyme seems to help tame some gamey flavor for me. I think that the pairing of rosemary and mint is supposed to do the same for strong flavored lamb. In general, the younger the critter, the less the pungency. I love lamb but mutton can be too much for me unless its doctored up a ton, like a strong, spicy curry.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Where did you pick them up from? I know I used to pick some up at Sam's club.
Publix. Ingles has them, too, usually.