Deer Limits and Insurance Companies

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I keep seeing posts, that the insurance companies are convincing the DNR to set the limits on deer. Where did these rumors originate? I`m not interested in hearsay and rumors. Show me some proof. If anybody has legitimate proof of this, post it up, right here on this thread.

I`m waitin`...

reylamb

Somebody has an uncle that heard from their hair dresser, who was told by her neices boyfriend, that his insurance agent told him that the Insurance Companies were out to kill all deer..........or something like that.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Sure is quiet in here.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Here`s your chance, say something...

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
Its sad when you know the truth,, but can't PROVE it to save your life..

snookdoctor

HELLO
HELLO
HELLO
HELLO
HELLO
HELLO

So quiet, you can hear an echoooooooooo:rofl:

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
Guess I was wrong, I sure can't prove what I only think.

Double-droptine

A lot of people probably got the idea because of things things that they have read. The pics below are from the 1994 Oct.issue of Ga. sportsman magazine from the article Georgia's 1994 Deer Outlook.
100_2625.jpg

100_2623.jpg

100_2622.jpg

100_2624.jpg

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
A lot of people probably got the idea because of things things that they have read. The pics below are from the 1994 Oct.issue of Ga. sportsman magazine from the article Georgia's 1994 Deer Outlook.
100_2625.jpg

100_2623.jpg

100_2622.jpg

100_2624.jpg

Thank you. I personally did not believe it. That was what I wanted to see.

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks Double Droptine.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
And for the record, I was wrong, and stand corrected.

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't think you were wrong Nicodemus,, Im just amazed that anyone found it "in print"..

Larry Rooks

Insurance companies, and State Farm is a big un, lobby millions of dollars each year in order to push limits up. If it
was left up to insurance companies, there would be no deer herd, they would be totally wiped out. An insurance
company hates to pay a claim, but they do not pay out nearly as much as they get in over a years time. I pay 77.00 a month on mine, 924.00 a year, and have for many years and have never filed a deer/veh collision with em.
So they are making a 924.00 per year profit off of me, though they may pay some out on others, I gaurantee they receive a lot more than they pay out. a drunk leaves the road, a one car accident, and usually a deer gets the blame,
good excuse huh. Insurance companies shoud NEVER be allowed to make rules and regulations on game laws. Contact your local friendly politician, he can tell ya how hard the insurance companies push

HucK Finn

I have also heard claims posted on here that the insurance companies went one step further, and actually brought in coyotes, from other regions.
I wonder if anyone has proof of that, I personally do not believe it myself.