Didn't see that one coming

Buck70

In 32 years of working both prisons and as a Sheriff's Deputy, I never had to use physical force on a person high on marijuana. Alcohol, cocaine, pills, meth, etc. yes

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Unless you are in a car or doing something harmful to you or others, it is a non issue these days.
Depends on your trade. If you’re in a regulated industry you won’t get past HR before peeing in the cup. All employees are in a random pool as well.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Depends on you trade. If you’re in a regulated industry you won’t get past HR before peeing in the cup. All employees are in a random pool as well.
Yea, that is probably the only reason that I do not partake after a long day. Speaking to a few HR friends of mine, this is becoming quite the conundrum given the number of states that have or plan to legalize it.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yea, that is probably the only reason that I do not partake after a long day. Speaking to a few HR friends of mine, this is becoming quite the conundrum given the number of states that have or plan to legalize it.
Yep, federal law for several trades. The states permitting it isn’t a factor legally. It does up the number of disqualified applicants in those states.

49 CFR Part 40The DOT's procedural regulation, regulating drug and alcohol testing programs for all transportation modes (FAA, FMCSA, FRA, FTA, PHMSA, and USCG). Describes required procedures for conducting workplace drug and alcohol testing for the Federally regulated transportation industry.
14 CFR Part 120The FAA's drug and alcohol testing regulation for the aviation industry. Defines regulated aviation employers and employees who must be tested, types of testing required, how to implement a testing program, etc

bighonkinjeep

Most of the time, but if you smoke it you have to buy it from somebody, sometime. In other words, it can indeed be an issue for some cops. And here in the Augusta area bullets tend to fly wherever weed dealers congregate. And anything over an ounce is a felony - my weekly local Jail Report has a lot of weed busts.
Its my understanding that in Ga.simple possession of any of the "refined" weed products such as hash, vape cartridges, oil, dabs, shatter, edibles to include beverages candys gummies baked goods etc. etc. are felonies in ANY amount.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Yep, federal law for several trades. The states permitting it isn’t a factor legally. It does up the number of disqualified applicants in those states.

49 CFR Part 40The DOT's procedural regulation, regulating drug and alcohol testing programs for all transportation modes (FAA, FMCSA, FRA, FTA, PHMSA, and USCG). Describes required procedures for conducting workplace drug and alcohol testing for the Federally regulated transportation industry.
14 CFR Part 120The FAA's drug and alcohol testing regulation for the aviation industry. Defines regulated aviation employers and employees who must be tested, types of testing required, how to implement a testing program, etc
I wonder what that looks like JetBlue V Delta? Delta is absolutely brain drained after the 'urged' retirements.

oldfella1962

Yep, no matter what the state laws are, if your employers says "no weed" they reserve the right to test their employees and fire them on the spot.
Testing is very cheap & accurate these days. I think weed should be legalized and treated like booze, but I don't run the show. :(