Disappointed in Remington....

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
how were they faulty?

Call them...that is what I did.

I bought two boxes of 30-30 150gr Core Lokts. I noticed at the range that my gun was either dead on bullseye or shooting tight groups high and to the right???

Some of the rounds in both boxes had bullets that were loose in the casing... Causing them to be pushed down in the casing past the canteleur on the bullets...while loading them into my Marlin..

Causing higher pressures and those rounds to fly high and to the right...............

I asked some questions on another forum and a knowledgeable individual told me about this problem and to inspect the rounds I had left.. Sure enough that was it.

I could push the bullets down into the casing with my bare hands..............

I think someone else on here had the same problem too.

JohnK

Any of ya'll sufficiently discontented with an 11-87 or a new model 870 magnum turkey gun or a nice wood stocked 700BDL that you are wiling to dump it for cheap, feel free to pm me. Now remember we both know the weapon is a danger and or aggravation to me and the price should reflect that.

Rich M

Pretty much - I'll buy it if he doesn't.

I had a Win 1300 go off on me at a skeet range after a misfire - we were just looking at the gun (pointed safely away from everyone) when it went off. FREAKY!

I'm glad you were following the gun rules - Too many guys point them at their buddies without even knowing it.

Certified letter

Two weeks before the season closed me and Duckhawk had just got the decoys set up and had backed up in some brush to wait till shooting light....I loaded my gun and settled in...I was basically holding the gun up with my left hand....About a minute after I loaded it the gun discharged right by head...I dropped the gun in the water when it went off and I was in shock....My ears were ringing and I felt the percussion on my face when it went off....I gathered myself together and fished my gun off the bottom....The saftey was still on and the shell had cycled through....I unloaded it as fast as possible....I have no idea what could have happened...I came a mere inches from blowing my head off....I sure am glad Nick was behind me....Needless to say I didnt hunt after that..I just did a little calling but I have been shook up ever since.....Im done with this gun...........Its about the most freaky hunting accident ive ever been witness to....Never take a loaded gun for granted....BTW its a remington 11-87 sp...

After several emails from me and a friend of mine, nothing has been responded to by Remington. I really thought they would want to take a look at the gun if nothing else...:huh:
I am not defending Remmington but anything man made can and will fail. I have the same gun and have not had any problems. You need to write them a letter and ask for the gun to be checked but first you go to a gunsmith and have him tell you what the problem is so if Remmington comes up with some other story, you will have a repair report in your hand stating the problem. Now do not have the gun repaired just have an inspection report. Explain to them that you are thinking about takeing legal action. At the very least you are do a new gun.

one hogman

Remington

Sorry the OP had a scare, I know anything can happen and Murphy's law will get you if you let your guard down, with that said I have used and shot Remington 1100s and 1187s for 42 years with only one problem, I didn't know to clean the gas piston oring barrel seal area and busted an o ring/ barrel seal in 1970 maybe 71 never had another problem since, I don't own stock in Remington but there is always more to the story than we know.