Dog electric fence??

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I know they make the underground wear a collar shock fences, BUT do they make one that has an antennas that you could mount and keep the dog from going near it???
I live in the country and need to keep them from crossing the road. Ideas?? Solar/battery is needed since I wouldn't have power where I want to make a barrier. Thanks

Jeetdawg

My dad had one that had the shock collar, but it was a box you set by the window/outside wall. You could control how far they could go from it, so in theory, you could put it wherever you had power

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

GA Carpkiller

We have an invisible fence brand - money well spent. We have 2 acres fenced in for her to roam. New technology prevents some of the issues with the original systems. This one will shock her continuously for 20 seconds if she crosses the line, or it will stop if she comes back in. They also make one that is GPS based. They also have some hotspots to keep dogs away from things like flower beds. That will probably do what you’re looking for. Check them out.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
We have an invisible fence brand - money well spent. We have 2 acres fenced in for her to roam. New technology prevents some of the issues with the original systems. This one will shock her continuously for 20 seconds if she crosses the line, or it will stop if she comes back in. They also make one that is GPS based. They also have some hotspots to keep dogs away from things like flower beds. That will probably do what you’re looking for. Check them out.

Buried fence not practical in my case dog can go long ways north, west and south, don't want them to go further than 70 yrds east hope that made sense

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

SC Hunter

We did right at 2 acres of underground fence for our dogs. It was an excellent bonding experience for my wife and I..... We used an edger and did about 40 feet at a time. Hard clay was easy the edger cut straight through it. The grass on the other hand was horrible and I won't do it again. They make one that you can bury 18 inches deep so rent a ditch witch and bury it, This will be the way we do the next one when we move and fence in several acres. You can make it whatever shape you want.

We have about $550 in it with 3 collars and it works excellent. Except with the Great Pyrenees she is hard headed like her mama (my wife). She walks straight through it and it eats her up but she is, once again, hard headed.