EZGO Lithium - Bit the bullet

paulito

Well, my lead acid batteries bit the dust and wouldn't hold a charge. Did some research (not a ton) and found the Enjoybot Lithium 36volt 100aH battery pack that thye market for golf carts. Watched some videos, worried a bunch about spending about 1.5 as much as replacement lead acid batteries and then said screw it, gonna give it a shot. Took about 3-4 weeks for the battery and the charger to get here. First off its nice that the pack is half the size and weight of all the lead batteries. Took a bit of "modifying to get it to sit right in the tray but that was very minor. Hooked it all up and........nothing. The battery had full charge as shown on the app as well as my meter but the cart had nothing. Well, i had not connected up the wires from the original charging port because the lithiums use a special charger. Watched soem more videos and it seems not having the original charging poret connected makes the controller think the cart is charging and shuts everything off. Connected that up and boom, we have power. Seems very peppy and having the app to be able to check the remaining charge is really nice. All the videos i have seen average 30-35 miles out of a single full charge which woudl be awesome. Although app can be a bit glichy connecting and it showed i only had 50% charge yesterday after a quick trip but the charger said it was full. Turned battery off and back on and app said full charge. Chalk it up to technology is fickle. I do lilke that i can physically "turn off" the battery.

Happy with it so far. Its heading down to hunt camp today and will keep you posted on how it works out. Hopefully no more showing up to hunt and having dead batteries. Seems to be a decent investment thus far.

hopper

That's awsome I will be switching to lithium this yr for a trolling motor or two. Curious to see if you get more range with yhe same amp hr as your lead acid. Good Luck in the woods (y)

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
That's awsome I will be switching to lithium this yr for a trolling motor or two. Curious to see if you get more range with yhe same amp hr as your lead acid. Good Luck in the woods (y)

Sure does..lead acid discharge to 50% is recommended. Lipo can actually be discharged to 0. The "power drop off" is not as pronounced with lipos either. Lot flatter power curve over discharge level. A trolling motor on a 50% discharged lead acid, you're gonna feel. Lipo at 50% you dont.

hipster dufus

Have 2 12v 50ah ionics for my trolling motor. 24v 70#. One yr in still like em. Charge every 3d trip out.6-8 hr day. Hav the app and am happy with it. Did have to upgrade charger. Noco 3 bank 5 amp. Charger has settings for all battery types. Like I said happy with em so far

paulito

well, sorry for the delay in updating. I haven't personally been to deer camp since taking the cart down there. Too much travel ball with the boy. Went down yesterday to hunt. Very nice to be able to check the cart batter pevel with my phone. Still at over 50% and thats 2 months since i charged it. Others have used it sporatically at camp but not a ton. worked flawlessly for us and easily charged back up to 100% in few hours versus much longer for my old lead acid ones. We'll see how things go longevity wise but happy with the purchase this far. seems the way to go

transfixer

Good to hear ! I sold my cart that i was using for deer hunting last year , as I had dropped out of my club and wouldn't be using it, I am searching for a piece of property to lease, and when I find one I'll be buying another cart and setting it up , based on things I learned with my last one, I'll likely be going with the lithium battery setup this time, as I like the fact they weigh a lot less than lead acid batts, should make a modestly upgraded cart quicker and run longer than having to carry around 400 odd lbs of battery

paulito

yeah, i just got a 12v deep cycle lithium replacement for work. had two lead acid ones go bad for our trolling motors. Just got oe off amazon. have not used it yet but was amazed at the weight. I can lift it over my head easiliy with one arm. added bonus is that it has usb chargin ports installed so we cn use it to charge or run other stuff like our survey GPS.

paulito

Used the 12v lithium for the trolling motor setup at work yesterday to surey two ponds. It worked like a champ and the less weight was appreciated as access was a challenge on one of the impoundments. Lithium seems to be the way to go.