Dog hearing protection.

Toliver

If it has been discussed, I can't find it. Anyone use hearing protection for their dogs at the range or in the duck blind... or anywhere else? I looked at Mutt Muffs but they don't have very strong reviews. Rex Specs have a better review but they're expensive. I don't mind spending the money if they work but of I'd like to hear from people who've had good results from a product.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Never used any of those, but Peltor used to make K9 hearing protection, used it on the range and when on helicopters

Toliver

The dog doesn't react as much when I fire the .308. Of course she doesn't react much anyway but something is better than nothing on those sensitive German Shepherd ears. I switched to a suppressed rifle and it used sounds like the poppers I used to desensitize since she was a puppy. Now when I shoot she just knows she gets to go find a deer. She absolutely loves it. But this is what I got for her. They fit very snugly.

crackerdave

Doesn't the dog object to having something on his ears? Does he not shake or paw them off?

Toliver

Doesn't the dog object to having something on his ears? Does he not shake or paw them off?
Nope. She doesn't like them because they are tight but she puts up with them because she's just good at doing what she's told. But because they fit that way I don't leave them on her the whole time we're hunting. I put them on when I see a deer coming. Which is a pain in the butt which is why I switched to hunting with the suppressed rifle. No need for hearing protection.

crackerdave

Nope. She doesn't like them because they are tight but she puts up with them because she's just good at doing what she's told. But because they fit that way I don't leave them on her the whole time we're hunting. I put them on when I see a deer coming. Which is a pain in the butt which is why I switched to hunting with the suppressed rifle. No need for hearing protection.
Good dog!
Good solution to the problem,too.

Latest posts