Dog on way out...

Big Foot

On my way out of the woods this am, almost hit the peak of a hill and bam -huge German Shepherd staring me down - I thought for a second Yote, then realized it was a Shepherd.

I know one thing, I was reaching to knock an arrow in 1/2 second before I knew what this animal was and or about to do...he stood his ground for a few seconds then took off...

Thank God.

Not sure what kinda shot I'd made with a charging animal ground level with an arrow....

Fishin & Hunting

I already had to fire a shot to scare off a big old mean looking dog that came in growling and would not run off till I put a bullet in front of him.

BowanaLee

Here in the city I see lots of dogs. Ain't had much problem with em though. Well, nothing I can't handle. Its the two legged dogs that I have to watch for. They're much more likely to cause trouble.
Remember, in the suburban counties you need a Ga Weapons Carry License to dispatch 2 legged vermin.

NugeForPres

This is why I chose to get my concealed carry permit shortly after I started bowhunting. I wanted to be able to legally carry a pistol during bow season for any unexpected encounters. Makes me feel better, anyway.

Bubba_1122

This is why I chose to get my concealed carry permit shortly after I started bowhunting. I wanted to be able to legally carry a pistol during bow season for any unexpected encounters. Makes me feel better, anyway.

This...

Always have a pistol on my hip when I'm hunting (usually a Glock).

Bob Wallace

That's about 2 seconds longer than I'd give him. I always carry every day no matter what. And when I can't carry by law, it's not far away.

Fishin & Hunting

No, I hit where I aimed. Dog could belong to some kid.

I let my dog run when I was a kid. I learned my lesson when it killed some sheep on the property next door. A hard lesson to learn, since it had to be put down after that.

Booner Killa

A stare down is one thing. When he growls and shows aggression, there are no warning shots or shots to scare him off. He's a valid threat at that point. It's that simple!

Johnny 71

Junebug

X2, bowhunting and scouting

bilgerat

Senior
I always carry My Ruger just in case something like this happens, what really worries Me is when I go to Ontario every year, they don't allow pistols to cross the border and they have BIG wolfs!!! I carry My 444 Marlin cocked locked and ready walking to and from the stand up there