Down to One

buckpasser

I always admired my Papa for how he handled loss. Once he got into his eighties he lost almost all of his life long friends and finally his best friend and his brothers. I can’t ever remember seeing him cry or mope around even though it had to be rough on him. I lost him and Grandma this year along with my childhood best friend (37), and I can’t seem to get my mind right since. I hope you have a great season and many more after.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I gots myself several good neighbors, thank goodness. I hope one of my guys don't need you this year but stuff is getting more and more hard for us to see every year.

Bjrink

You were one of the first old timers I met when I first moved to Georgia. I loved hearing your stories about your faith and commitment to the lord. I also loved fishing with you and Len on Rons property. Don’t forget you always got another hunting buddy a phone call away. Take care Skipper!!

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Skipper, I remember that story, and I am truly sorry for your loss. My dad just turned 86 this month, and he certainly isn’t in the greatest of health, but doing pretty dang good for his age. Still sharp as a razor too. Ain’t nothing wrong with that jokers head. He has a better memory than me, and I’m jealous. He‘s my hunting partner, always has been, and we will be out there chasing deer together soon. He said he wants it to get a little cooler first. LOL I went and put my climber in a spot today while he walked and looked up an old trail. He loves walking in some woods, and I am the same. I’m actually going hunting in the morning, and he’s going too, but he just wants to sit around the truck. Just to be out there in the woods. That man means the world to me, y’all.

You keep going Skipper. Don’t you ever give up!

God bless you, brother!