Duck Hunting in Mississippi - Pay Hunts?

DEB922d

Does anyone have experience with duck hunting in Mississippi and can recommend some good pay hunting outfits? Thanks!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I have a little bit of experience. My suggestion.... At least go 1 state further to arkansas if you're gon a pay.

jdgator

I have a little bit of experience. My suggestion.... At least go 1 state further to arkansas if you're gon a pay.

Agree. I hunted in Mississippi in the 2000s. It’s not the same as it was. Even Louisiana is becoming hit or miss. Heading north.

Mississippi has always been sort of hit or miss. I grew up near the delta . Sometimes we had duck sometimes we did not. I remember hunting in my teens and alway waiting for cold weather and the next big push of birds. When I was first stationed at Ft Stewart a friend of mine would call me every week and give me a duck report. If we had ducks I would get a 4 day pass and fly home space A to Jackson and rent a car . I kept my gun waders and extra hunting clothes at my Aunts house. He and I would meet early , I would load up in his truck and we would head to the delta. I would return Sunday afternoon and catch the red eye back to Atlanta and then Savannah and be in PT formation on Monday morning. I killed allot of ducks doing this but I did not go home every weekend because sometimes there were not any ducks. Mississippi is and has always been hit or miss.

bluedog71

Tallahatchie hunts in Webb, MS. can be good if they get cold weather and they get a push of birds down. I’ve hunted with them several times and did fairly well. Best to go after Christmas and MLK weekend tends to be good. I hunt south of them now on my small farm and we do okay but it is 100% weather dependent to push birds our way.

Bigearl68

It doesn’t matter where you go. Arkansas, Missouri,Oklahoma,Texas,Louisiana,
Mississippi, it’s all the same. You’ll get the same report everywhere. “Man it just ain’t what it used to be!”

MudDucker

Staff member
Or ... You should have been here yesterday!