Early County

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member

catch22

Best processor in the area. Hunting in Damascus. Will stay in Blakely, but will drive out of the way to a good processor.

I want to drop off entire deer: they gut, skin, turn it into cube steak, burger, sausage, deer sticks....

I do not want to leave carcasses or gut piles on my property if I can help it. Keep the coyotes down.
buckbarn in bainbridge. Ive used them for years and years.

catch22

As nic said above, jones is great too.

Bear10

Looks like opening day of rifle is going to be a rain out with the tropical system moving in, but we definitely need the rain, so we can't complain too much. Hopefully the cold weather will follow!

Hunted Sat afternoon, Sunday morning. Saw a few Does with fawns. Some of the fawns looked really young for this time of year, as compared to between Moultrie/Valdosta area (other place I hunt). I "assume" it is due to breeding being ~month later. Didn't pull the trigger because the fawns were so small. I could have shot a doe w/ a yearling late Sat afternoon. But she was too far for a comfortable neck shot, so I passed. I don't like tracking deer at night, unless it is a good buck.

I was windy. Sunday morning I actually put on my light jacket. It was very comfortable.

Bear10

It seems like more and more reports are coming from GA with fawn siting later in the year. I remember when all the spots were gone before bow season started. I guess mother nature knows what she's doing.

Bear10

I heard a lot of shots this past Saturday, but unfortunately none of them were from my rifle, but I did see plenty of deer.

twtabb

Lots of movement Saturday evening. Found a stand that the storm and loggers missed. Sat near edge of peanut field and they were feeding early. Popped a big doe but saw several.

Bear10

Hunted Saturday morning with my daughter and saw 15 deer. Three were bucks but they were a little to far for my daughter to shoot as she is trying to shoot her first deer and wants it to be a buck. Stilling seeing bucks together as the rut hasn't started yet.