Elbert County Gun and Archery Club Day for John Andrews

flatwoodsbowhunter

First, I would like to thank everyone for their continued prayers already. John Andrews had surgery a few weeks ago to remove a tumor from his brain. The tests came back malignant so he will be starting his chemo and radiation in a few weeks. For those of you who do not know John, he is an awesome friend, father, and hunting partner. He has three kids who he loves more than anything. He spends so much time with these kids in the woods, with ball, and everything else they are involved in. I want to hold these events to raise money for him and his family for medical bills and anything else they may need. I hope we can give a little bit to him since I know he would do the same for everyone else. Saturday, December 6th we will be having a 3d archery tournament to benefit him. We will also have a bake sale, lunch plates, and a gun raffle. If you would like any more information, to donate, or are interested in the gun raffle tickets please feel free to call me at 706-988-9328. We are going to sell tickets for $5 each or 5 for $20. I don't have the gun, but should have one this weekend. It will probaby be a .243 or .270 but I think what kind will be negotiable with the dealer. Please continue to lift his family up in your prayers as they deal with this. Thanks so much in advance. The archery family is always so good about things like this, and it makes me proud to be a part of it.

flatwoodsbowhunter

Just an update on some details for the benefit shoot coming up..
We will be selling bowls of chili and cornbread throughout the day. Hopefully this cold spell will be long gone by then and we will have a nice day to shoot and hang out. We have the tickets for the gun raffle and are selling them, 1 for $5 or $20 for 5. Thanks for the prayers and all of the support already.

flatwoodsbowhunter

We have the gun now. It is a Ruger .308 with a 3-9x50 scope. It comes with a sling, a case, and a box of bullets. The package is valued at over $600!

flatwoodsbowhunter

Just a reminder of the benefit archery tournament for John this weekend. Looks like the weather will be nice for December with just a slight chance of rain. Hope everyone can make it out to support a great cause.

dutchman

Please lost the address for this event. I'd like to come to the shoot.

flatwoodsbowhunter

Just to remind everyone, we will be starting around 8 and leaving around 4 Saturday. So if you could be there by around 3 at the latest to start that would be great. Being its just a benefit and more for fun we have it set pretty easy and we are only going to have 10 targets. If you choose to, you are welcome to shoot it more than once. Cost is just going to be a donation and the address is 1239 ruckersville road elberton ga