ESPN FPI index after all the games yesterday

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Wow is all I got to say. Anybody agree with 2 and 4?

The top-five is as follows:

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Georgia

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
No. 1,2, and 3 are Bama, tOSU and UGA and maybe flip tOSU and UGA.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Here's the definition of FPI....
The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward. It is not meant to be a ranking system

Still, Oklahoma and Clemson going forward at 4 and 2 after week 1?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Here's the definition of FPI....
The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward. It is not meant to be a ranking system

Still, Oklahoma and Clemson going forward at 2 and 4?

Nope.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Georgia

Not seeing that. Bama and Georgia are the only ones deserving. The others embarrassed themselves.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
That might make a little sense if they are thinking the disabled players will remain disabled.

specialk

I didnt know anybody still watched espn

Madsnooker

Not seeing that. Bama and Georgia are the only ones deserving. The others embarrassed themselves.

OSU didn't embarrass themselves. lol. There one of the youngest teams in football.
Yes they have some things to work on but as I've said, the D was missing both starting DBs, a starting LB and starting Dlineman. They were playing a team on the road that returned almost everyone and the Oline were all 5th or 6th year starters. They started a QB that had never thrown a pass in a college game and not sure if you watched or not buy it rained steady most of the game. To say OSU embarrassed themselves is laughable.

And the covered the spread.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
OSU didn't embarrass themselves. lol. There one of the youngest teams in football.
Yes they have some things to work on but as I've said, the D was missing both starting DBs, a starting LB and starting Dlineman. They were playing a team on the road that returned almost everyone and the Oline were all 5th or 6th year starters. They started a QB that had never thrown a pass in a college game and not sure if you watched or not buy it rained steady most of the game. To say OSU embarrassed themselves is laughable.

And the covered the spread.

Spin it anyway you want but a “best in conference“ top 25 team about got spanked by an opponent not in the top 25. If that’s not an embarrassment then anything that follows shouldn’t bother the fans at all.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Georgia
FPI and strength of schedule doesn’t matter. Just another talking head talking point. I wouldn’t agree with 2 and 4 but I don’t know the matrix they use to come up with that crap. Bucks are 1-0 Dawgs are 1-0. That’s all that counts.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
FPI and strength of schedule doesn’t matter. Just another talking head talking point. I wouldn’t agree with 2 and 4 but I don’t know the matrix they use to come up with that crap. Bucks are 1-0 Dawgs are 1-0. That’s all that counts.

Preach it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member